This is such an easy recipe that I make these Chicken Skewers very often. It is neither tiring nor time consuming. The only time you need for these Chicken skewers is for marinade. The longer chicken pieces wait in marinade, the more tender and flavorful they get. That’s why I marinate them overnight and cook them when I come from work the following day. You will be impressed when you see how it is easy and quick to make these scrumptious chicken skewers. You will even have time to prepare a fresh salad when they are in oven. This is a much healthier method than frying, and no mess too!
As we love to pair them with roasted peppers, I also roast some red bell peppers. These skewers could also be wonderful party food, I’m sure your guests will love them much.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp pepper paste (biber salcasi)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- Chop chicken breast in cubes.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and add chicken cubes into this mixture.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and wait it in refrigerator overnight. If you are in a hurry, wait it at least half an hour, but you will get the best result if you wait it at least 8 hours. Chicken cubes will absorb the marinade more, which means they taste much better.
- Wait wooden skewers in freezer for 15 minutes so that they won’t burn.
- Preheat the oven at 220C.
- Lay a baking sheet on a tray.
- Place 4 or 5 chicken pieces on each skewer and place them on the tray.
- Cook about 20 minutes in oven until golden.
- Then turn them over and let the other side get golden for another 10 minutes. That’s it!
Serve them hot with roasted vegetables and fresh salad like piyaz.