Crispy Buffalo Wings baked in oven. Very crispy thanks to a secret ingredient. You’ll no longer want to fry them. Serve them coated with a luscious hot sauce and lick your fingers!
Updated on 1/30/2017 with a video. Different from the previous recipe, I added curry powder in the recipe to give the wings a nice flavor. You can see the hot&sweet sauce I made for this recipe there. Plus, you’ll witness how we enjoyed these scrumptious buffalo wings at the end of it. I couldn’t count how many I ate!
Crispy Buffalo Wings can definitely be made in oven. I’ve made these in oven and they are as good as deep-fried wings. You will be amazed when you see that these are wonderfully crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The recipe is pretty simple. You will be successful even if you have little experience of cooking or no experience at all. I have the same crispy and juicy result every time I make these and they are life saver when you have guests for dinner or for a game party.
These crispy buffalo wings have a secret ingredient that makes them that perfect. Did I tell you how simple the ingredients are? Don’t worry for that secret ingredient that makes the magic, I’m sure you always have it in your kitchen. Ok, I’m talking about baking powder. Have you ever used it for something different from cake or pie kind of thing? I sometimes really love the chemistry behind cooking. It simply helps the wings to get crispy. You can even watch it when they are in oven, you’ll see how their skin rises and sizzles, which results in a crispy surface.
Noone realizes the baking powder addition on these wings, it doesn’t taste at all. These incredible buffalo wings are flavored with garlic and chili. Sounds flavorsome, doesn’t it?
After seeing that it’s possible to make crispy buffalo wings in oven, you’ll no longer want to fry them. No mess in the kitchen. Something we all want, right?
I’ll be honest. I don’t use fork or knife when eating these crispy buffalo wings. I use my hands and yes lick my fingers after cleaning the bone perfectly. Isn’t it the fun part of eating wings?Print
Crispy Buffalo Wings
Crispy buffalo wings in oven.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine baking powder, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and curry powder (if you’re using) until blended and whisk to combine well.
- Add the chicken wings into this mixture and coat each evenly with the mixture.
- Pour olive oil over them and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken wings on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. After this time, remove them from oven, turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Optional serving: You can prepare a sauce mixing 1/2 cup chili sauce, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1 tablespoon honey. Toss in the oven baked wings.