If you love eating chicken off the bone, licking your fingers ignoring table etiquette, you will LOVE these sweet-savory sticky chicken wings.
If you like chicken recipes like this, you might want to see our baked crispy wings too.
Our favorite part of chicken is its wings. For one thing, I like their almost-bite size, they look cute. Also, wings can be served in various ways to satisfy a crowd. And they make amazing party foods too! Who can resist golden brown sticky chicken wings on a barbecue at a garden party? I can’t!
These pan fried chicken wings are really easy to make. We prefer cooking them on a cast iron pan as it is faster but you can roast them in oven too especially when you don’t have enough time to turn over the wings in the pan occasionally.
What makes these wings sticky is not honey this time. I used a little grape molasses and it gives a very nice sweet flavor. I prepared a mixture to coat the chicken wings using grape molasses, olive oil, mashed garlic, little cinnamon, lemon juice, black pepper and salt.
Put the wings in a ziplock bag and pour the sauce in it. Shake the bag to coat all the wings equally and refrigerate at least for 2 hours. Then roast them in your cast iron pan flipping over occasionally. You can drizzle over the sauce when you think the wings are sticking to the pan and continue roasting until done.
If you are planning to make these sticky chicken wings in oven, just transfer the wings in a baking dish with all the sauce and bake for about 50 minutes.
Other Chicken Recipes
- Pan Fried Chicken Wings Dinner
- Crispy Baked Chicken With Baking Powder
- How To Roast Chicken Pieces
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Kabobs In Oven
- Chicken Breast In Cast Iron
- Chicken Legs In Oven
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Sticky Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are marinated in a sweet-savory sauce and then roasted in a cast iron pan.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup grape molasses
- 1 and ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 taspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon chili
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Place the chicken wings in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade mixture in it. Shake it to coat the wings equally and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a cast iron pan.
- Carefully place the wings in the pan and roast about 5 minutes. Turn them over and roast the other side for 5 minutes. Then keep roasting turning them over occasionally until they reach a desired softness and golden brown color. It takes 15-20 minutes in total. You can drizzle over the remaining marinade sauce when you think the wings are sticking to the pan.
- Serve hot.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 315.8 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.8 mg
Keywords: sticky wings, sticky chicken wings