Don’t you think the word ‘creamy’ is tempting on its own? It may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but I’m sure everyone agrees on that if something is creamy, there is no doubt it is super tasty. This Creamy Caprese Pasta is no exception. This is one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever had!
If you like caprese salad, I’m sure you will love this pasta too because it has the same combination of flavors with an addition of pasta. This is a perfect family recipe because everyone loves to stretch that melting cheese when having their pasta and there is always fun around the table. You never beg kids so that they eat some more, they themselves want to eat a large portion when you make this creamy caprese pasta.
I used pipe rigate pasta and the result was amazing but you can use your family’s favorite pasta. This is a super easy recipe and you can’t have an excuse for not making it. Make it whenever you feel you are stuck and can’t find anything to make for dinner. I promise your family will thank you!
Although the name suggests ‘creamy’, I didn’t use any cream in this pasta, so it wouldn’t be wrong to say that this is a healthier version of creamy pasta. I accept creamy pasta dishes are so tasty, as in my Creamy Mushroom Pasta, but I wanted to go healthier this time. There was really no need to use any heavy cream, this pasta was already creamy and so scrumptious! The creaminess is coming from milk and mozzarella. Oh, that melting mozzarella is so cruel, isn’t it? Cheesy creamy caprese pasta with Homemade Tomato Paste! Who can resist it?
Besides basil leaves, I used a few fresh mint leaves in this pasta to give it a bit more freshness and it turned out wonderful! You can leave it out if you don’t want to mix the flavors of herbs and just go with basil. I recommend you to try it though.
Creamy Caprese Pasta
Creamy pasta loaded with tomato and cheese flavors. No cream is used in the recipe. Milk and cheese give the creaminess to the pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 lb pipe rigate pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 ounces mini mozzarella balls
- A few fresh basil leaves
- A few fresh mint leaves
- Cook pasta according to the package in a pot of salted water. When it’s completely cooked, drain leaving a little water in the pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute halved grape tomatoes and tomato paste in it.
- Pour milk in it and stir.
- Transfer the pasta into the pan with that little juice and stir.
- Add in mozzarella balls and butter and cover the pan. Let them melt in the pan for about 2 minutes. Finally toss in the basil leaves and stir to combine them all well.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve hot or warm.