Fettuccine with Creamy Tomato Sauce is loved by the whole family any time of the year, so this is a four-season recipe. I know you are surrounded with fall recipes which include hearty stews, comforting soups and of course lots of pumpkin things. I’ve been cooking for fall for weeks as well, but I just want to make something which is not limited to a specific season this time. We are still obsessed with fall recipes like Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread and Tomato Chicken Rice Soup though and I’m sure I will be making these often this year.
You might think Fettuccine with Creamy Tomato Sauce is the best in summer when we have fresh and tasty tomatoes. You don’t have to consider the season if you have Homemade Tomato Paste and preserved tomatoes though. We are so lucky that we preserved more than thirty jars of tomatoes last summer! I love to use tomatoes in so many recipes, especially in soups and in various sauces I add into pasta dishes. This fettuccine is just one of those lucky dishes with summer tomatoes.
I sauteed onion and garlic in a skillet and then added other ingredients for the sauce. I seasoned the sauce with a little dried mint and black pepper. I ended up with an amazingly flavorful creamy sauce and nothing can go wrong with it.
Fettuccine with Creamy Tomato Sauce is a rich pasta dish with heavy cream, tomatoes and a little parmesan cheese. I added the cheese right into pot and stir well to make the dish even creamier.
I garnished it with chopped green onions, but you can use your favorite herb. Maybe you can even add some into the sauce. Parmesan is not a must in this recipe, you can change it too. Crumbled goat cheese would be fine too.
All you need is a bottle of quality red wine now!Print
Fettuccine with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- Green onions for garnish
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the sauce. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender about 3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and pureed tomato, stir.
- Season with dried mint, black pepper and salt. Cook until everything is blended. Finally pour the cream and let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add fettuccine into the boiling water and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Toss the fettuccine and parmesan with the sauce and stir well until everything is combined well.
- You can add a little of the reserved pasta water if it looks too dry.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.