Who doesn’t love pasta? How about making Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes? Pasta is considered as one of the easiest and simplest dishes, but how come it has so many varieties? Mostly, we have it with some tomato sauce or with cheese, but I love to try new versions if I have time. I found a little sun-dried tomatoes left in a bag, which was a gift from mom the other day. And I dreamt them in pasta just as I saw them. Does it happen to you too? Do you see the dish you will make in your mind when you look at a particular ingredient? This pasta with sun dried tomatoes came out in this way.
To make this Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes healthier, I used tagliatella girata with bran in this recipe. You can replace it with your favorite pasta. I didn’t add salt to the sauce as our sun-dried tomatoes are salty enough.
Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes
Pasta becomes so flavorful with sun dried tomatoes!
- Yield: 4
- ½ package (about 250g) tagliatella girata
- water, to boil pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salto to taste
- 5 sun-dired tomatoes
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh mint, minced
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water and wait about 10 minutes and drain and chop.
- Boil pasta with salt and olive oil following the instructions on the package.
- Drain well and let it cold.
- To prepare the sauce, heat olive oil and add spices at this step so that olive oil gets their aroma. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic, stir.
- After 5 minutes, toss in pasta and combine them well. Cook for a few minutes and take it from fire.
- Add half of fresh mint at this step so that its fragrance can pass on pasta when it’s still hot.
- Serve with more fresh mint on pasta. You can pair it with fresh salad and yogurt.