Oven Roasted Oyster Mushrooms are made just with 5 simple ingredients: Oyster mushrooms, salt, pepper, rosemary and olive oil. The most amazing flavor combination! You end up with the tastiest vegan snack ever! What’s more, they make a great touch on soups or in salads.
Oyster mushrooms are our favorite among all types of mushrooms because we love their shape and it is so easy to create easy recipes with them. Obviously, most of you love them too as our Pan Fried Oyster Mushrooms Recipe With Garlic and Green Onions is one of the top visited recipes on the blog.
INGREDIENTS FOR OVEN ROASTED OYSTER MUSHROOMS
It is an easy recipe with 5 ingredients:
- Mushrooms (we use oyster, but any mushroom works fine)
- Fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
As you see, it is almost a single ingredient recipe because it calls for oyster mushrooms and seasoning. Salt, pepper and oil are staples of almost any dish and we always have these in our pantry. Fresh rosemary is optional, but its flavor combines very well with the flavor of mushroom. So it is highly recommended.
ROASTING OYSTER MUSHROOMS IS SUPER SIMPLE
I can’t think of an oyster mushroom recipe easier than this. The method is quite straightforward: Combine everything in a baking sheet and bake. It is that simple! Let me explain it in two stages:
Prepare The Mushrooms
Separate individual mushrooms from the main stem using your hand, like tearing them off the stem. You can use a knife too but I find the tearing method easier. Cut off the tough rubbery ends on the stems. Clean each mushroom with a damp kitchen towel or paper towel.
Oven Roasting The Mushrooms
- First, preheat the oven to 430F/220C.
- Second, place the cleaned mushrooms on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Third, brush each of them with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and fresh rosemary leaves over them. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Pro Tip: The smaller the mushrooms are the crispier they get. So if you want something like really crispy mushroom chips, tear or cut the large mushrooms into small pieces.
Note About Oven Roasting: I tried both turning the mushrooms over after about 20 minutes and not touching them until the end of the baking duration. The result is pretty similar, so there is really no need to remove the mushrooms from oven and turn them over.
HOW TO MAKE THESE IN AIR FRYER
- First, preheat air fryer to 360F/180C for about
- Second, prepare the mushrooms as described above.
- Third, spritz the fryer basket with oil or cooking spray. Place oyster mushrooms into the basket in a single layer.
- Fourth, spritz the mushrooms with oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and rosemary leaves.
- Finally, cook for 5 minutes, flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
HOW TO USE ROASTED CRISPY OYSTER MUSHROOMS
We love to snack on these oyster mushroom chips and we mostly enjoy them as they are pairing with cold beer. Believe it or not, these two make a wonderful match.
However, the usage of roasted mushrooms is not limited to this. Some suggestions are as follows:
- Use them to top your cream of mushroom soup or any other creamy soups.
- Use them in keto salad recipes or you can make a vegetarian version of any chicken salad recipe using roasted oyster mushrooms.
- Use them in sandwiches like avocado turkey sandwich for an extra rich flavor.
FAQs ABOUT OYSTER MUSHROOMS
- How do you know if oyster mushrooms are bad? If the mushroom is firm and dry, it is fresh and good. If it is slimy and too soft, it is bad.
- Can oyster mushrooms make you sick? It is definitely safe to eat them. However, you might have stomach problems if you eat too many of them, especially if you have a fragile metabolism.
- Do oyster mushrooms need to be refrigerated? Yes, keep them in the refrigerator if you are not planning to use them immediately. Put them in a paper bag or wrap them with paper towel and then put in the refrigerator. They keep well for about a week this way.
OTHER OYSTER MUSHROOM RECIPES
MORE VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM RECIPES
- Vegetable Kabobs In Oven (with mushrooms)
- Mushroom Pasta Creamy
- Mushroom Masala from Whisk Affair
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers from Don’t Go Bacon My Heart
Roasted Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushroom seasoned and baked in oven. Crispy edges and meaty center make these the best vegan snack ever!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound (450g) oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
In the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 430F/220C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the cleaned mushrooms on baking sheets.
- Brush each of them with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and fresh rosemary leaves over them. Bake for 25 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
In the air fryer:
- Preheat air fryer to 360F/180C for about
- Prepare the mushrooms as described above.
- Spritz the fryer basket with oil or cooking spray. Place oyster mushrooms into the basket in a single layer.
- Spritz the mushrooms with oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and rosemary leaves.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
The mushrooms shouldn’t overlap when you place them on the baking sheet to roast them in oven, so I used two baking sheets.
Keywords: roasted oyster mushrooms, roasted crispy oyster mushrooms, oven roasted oyster mushroom recipe