Skinny Cauliflower Wings make the perfect substitute for hot wings. These are loved not only by vegetarians, everyone in the family will be watching them bake in the oven impatiently. Even the kids! These healthy guys smell as tempting as they look and nobody asks for the real “wings”. This is the best way to include cauliflower in your family’s diet.
Although they are super low in calories, these Skinny Cauliflower Wings are surprisingly addictive. If there are cauliflower haters around you, give them a batch of these spicy “wings” and see how they change their mind. These don’t taste like chicken but the spicy flavor and somewhat crispy texture of these cauliflower bites make you fall in love with them. I must tell you that you shouldn’t expect them to be very crispy, these are soft inside. But if you love spicy buffalo wings, you will love these too.
I used all-purpose flour in the batter to coat the cauliflower bites, but use chickpea flour or cornmeal if you want to make it gluten-free.
We love to dip these amazingly tasty bites into a garlicky Greek yogurt sauce flavored with dried mint, they make a wonderful match. But you can use whatever dip you like.Print
Skinny Cauliflower Wings
Skinny, spicy and scrumptious cauliflower wings. Perfect vegetarian alternative to hot wings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili powder
- A pinch of cumin
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cook cauliflower bites in boiling water until a little tender but still firm, for about 10 minutes. Drain and let it cool.
- Mix all dry ngredients in a large bowl and add in water gradually, stirring continually. The batter shouldn’t be too thick or runny, so stop adding water when you think it’s ok.
- Toss the cauliflower bites into the batter and mix it well with a spoon until all of them are equally coated.
- Lay them evenly on the baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until they are dry and crispy.