Roasted Asparagus with Mozzarella is a simple yet addictive side that you can serve with anything at any time. Don’t you think it is so tempting as well when you look at its photo? Oh my, I just can’t resist that melting and stretching cheese. Isn’t it the reason for why you love pizza that much? So why not try it on roasted asparagus? If you already love roasted asparagus, this will double your joy for sure.
When I say simple, I mean it. You need only 4 ingredients for this beauty. Asparagus, salt, olive oil and mozzarella. The amounts of these are up to you, so you can arrange the measurement in my recipe for your taste. Just make sure you add a lot of mozzarella.
Roasted Asparagus with Mozzarella is not something we often make asparagus is not well-known in Turkey and not very cheap here. I know spring is the season for lots of asparagus, but it is never abundant here in Turkey so it is never cheap here. It was more than $17 in the spring, so I bought 2 bunches when I saw that the price of asparagus fell by 50% this month. And the first thing I made was this easy and quick side and used some of it to make Eggs with Asparagus the next day.
I’ve seen several recipes of bacon wrapped asparagus on the web. It looks like eating asparagus with bacon that way is quite trendy. I’m sure it tastes great, but not for vegetarians. If you are planning to serve these to a crowd, I’d suggest making both versions so that everyone has an option. Roasted Asparagus with Mozzarella is so good that it is not just for vegetarians, and I’m sure everyone will want to taste it so it would be better to make it in larger amount.
As an alternative to potato chips, these make perfect appetizer to serve with cold beer too. So make these and surprise your friends at a game night or movie night. This is not a make ahead recipe as it is not as good when it cools completely. So if you are planning to make these at such a party, you should put them in oven when your guests arrive. It needs almost no work, so don’t worry. The only thing you need to do is to roast the asparagus spears for about 20 minutes, remove from oven, top with shredded mozzarella and bake until the cheese melts. Serve these right after you remove from oven.
More Asparagus Recipes
- Asparagus Pasta Recipe from Give Recipe
- Asparagus with Lime and Mint from Simply Recipes
- Miso Ginger Asparagus from Steamy Kitchen
- Sauteed Asparagus with Melted Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Scrambled Egg and Roasted Asparagus Toasts from Foodie Crush
Roasted Asparagus with Mozzarella
Roasted asparagus topped with mozzarella cheese is out of this world! Very easy with simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 8 spears asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Cut an inch off the stems. Place them in a baking dish or in a cast iron skillet. Drizzle olive oil on them and sprinkle salt. Mix them with your hand so that they are evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender. Remove from oven. Top them with shredded mozzarella and bake until the cheese melts and gets slightly golden, for about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: roasted asparagus, asparagus with cheese