Vegan Cauliflower Casserole flavored with garlic, tomatoes and lemon. This is such an easy yet tasty and healthy vegan casserole recipe that it will change cauliflower haters’ mind.
Vegan Cauliflower Casserole is one of the rare cauliflower dishes that two of us heartily eat. Let’s accept this: Cauliflower is a boring vegetable. Nobody can persuade me that it has a wonderful taste. I don’t think even the cauliflower lovers think that way. It is one of those vegetables which need additional flavors to make a tasty dish. When you know the right ingredients to pair with it, it easily becomes a favorite even for the cauliflower haters.
Vegan Cauliflower Casserole has a tangy flavor since I used lots of lemon in it. I think most people don’t like cauliflower because it smells bad when cooking. Also, they don’t like the smell even after it is cooked. My best solution for this is squeezing lemon in the pot when cooking. It completely removes that unpleasant flavor and smell. Did I tell you this when I shared the recipe for Ground Beef And Cauliflower Casserole with ground beef and cheese? It is yet another favorite of us. We started to love cauliflower with that casserole. Go check it out if you aren’t following a vegetarian diet or just leave ground beef out and make it that way. I’m sure it will be as tasty.
Vegan Cauliflower Casserole is one of the recipes I learnt from mom. She thinks onion doesn’t go well with cauliflower, so uses lots of garlic instead. Also, I must tell you that she is even more generous about lemon than I am when cooking cauliflower. The result is an amazingly tasty, tangy and garlicky cauliflower with a tomato sauce.
She throws everything into a large shallow pot and cooks covered over medium low heat until tender. The flavors are very well blended. You can definitely do the same if you are after an easier and quicker recipe. But I wanted to give it a small twist and I transfered the cooked dish into a casserole pan and baked it in oven for about half an hour. This last step absolutely enriches the flavor. If you love frying cauliflower but want to watch your health, try this recipe! It was so much like Fried Cauliflower. I used a rather deep pan, but I recommend you to use a more shallow pan to have the best result.
MORE CAULIFLOWER RECIPES
- Cauliflower Roasted With Sumac
- Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
- Spicy Cauliflower Wings
- Curry Cauliflower Salad
- Cream of Cauliflower with Walnut and Dill on Cubes n Juliennes
- Cauliflower Tots on Kirbie’s Tots
- Cauliflower Arancini on Kitchen Sanctuary
- Cauliflower Tater Tot Casserole on Food Faith Fitness
- Cauliflower Noodle Lasagna on The Iron You
MORE VEGAN CASSEROLE RECIPES
MORE VEGETARIAN CASSEROLE RECIPES
See our other casserole recipe videos here:
Vegan Cauliflower Casserole
Tangy cauliflower casserole tasting just like fried cauliflower with a tomato sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 medium head cauliflower, about 2 pounds, cut into small florets
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or red pepper paste
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Parsley for garnish
- Put the cauliflower florets, tomatoes and garlic in a pot.
- Drizzle olive oil over them.
- Season with the spices and salt.
- Squeeze lemon and throw in the half of it with the zest into the pot.
- Mix tomato paste or pepper paste with hot water and pour it in the pot.
- Cook it covered over medium low heat until tender.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Transfer the cooked dish into a casserole pan and bake it for half an hour.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Keywords: vegan cauliflower casserole, vegan casserole recipe