This Yogurt Feta Dip Recipe is one of our ultimate appetizers for gatherings. It is a simple dip with yogurt, feta, fresh mint and cucumber. It is always a hit and disappears fast, so you are welcome to double the recipe.
We LOVE serving mezzes on dinner occasions and potlucks. Besides this super tasty feta cheese dip, other top-rated dips on our list are yogurt cucumber cacik, homemade hummus and baba ganoush without tahini.
Why We Love This Recipe
- It is easy to make with a few simple ingredients.It is literally ready in 5 minutes.
- It is light and refreshing. Yogurt, fresh mint and cucumber come together and make the most refreshing feta dip recipe ever.
- It has a great balance of flavors. The salty flavor of feta is balanced with creamy yogurt. The tartness of lemon juice is balanced with cucumber. Olive oil adds richness to all these flavors.
- It can be made ahead. Actually, it is even better when you make it ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator for a while.
- Greek Yogurt: Use store-bought or homemade Greek yogurt. If it is too thick, you might need to thin it a bit with a little water.
- Feta: Use a good quality feta. It is best when you buy it from a market that sells Turkish or Greek food. Look for beyaz peynir in Turkish if you happen to buy it from a Turkish market.
- Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil to feel the best taste.
- Fresh mint: Herbs like mint and dill are perfect with yogurt and feta. You can use whichever you like most.
- Cucumber: We love the chunky texture of cucumbers in this feta dip. If you want a smooth dip, leave them out.
More Recipes With Feta
More Dip Recipes
More Dip Recipes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!Print
Cucumber Yogurt Feta Dip
A tasty yogurt dip with cucumber, fresh mint and feta. Serve it with some bread or vegetables.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 5 ounces (140g) feta cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 baby cucumber, ¼ cup finely chopped (more cucumbers for optional serving)
- Put feta cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Mix them well with a fork.
- Stir in mint leaves and chopped cucumber.
- Transfer the dip into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- Optionally, serve it with thinly sliced cucumber.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 337.6 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 36.2 mg
Keywords: feta dip, feta cheese dip