These are The Best Chocolate Muffins I’ve ever made! I’ve tried several chocolate muffin recipes till now and I can definitely say this one is way more tasty and chocolatey! If you like fudge cakes with a strong chocolate flavor, you should give these rich dark chocolate muffins a try! You don’t need an excuse for such a sweet tempting treat! Just eat it when you need to spoil yourself or when you crave for something with chocolate!
I had that same feeling of pride for my very moist Eggless Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes, which are always a hit for any special occasion. Chocolate itself is like a magical word that can cheer you up and your joy doubles when it combines with the word muffin. Do you ever enter the kitchen to get some chocolate with your coffee to overcome your stress or melancholy, I guarantee these chocolate muffins do their job faster! You will feel proud of yourself when you see that amazing result after taking them out of oven.
The best part of these muffins is that they don’t contain butter, just very little olive oil. Don’t worry, you won’t even notice the flavor of it. It makes the muffins lighter and it’s a good reason to have more than one or even two!
If you’re baking something with chocolate, I think you should use dark chocolate. If it’s a high quality one, the result gets even better. The same is true for the cocoa powder you use. I t must be unsweetened and a good quality one to make irresistible chocolate treats with their color and taste.
I simply mixed milk and lemon juice to have buttermilk fort his recipe as it’s not sold in my country. You can do the same or just buy buttermilk. I used that same method before in these Romantic Red Velvet Cupcakes and it worked really well!
I’m not the only one who thinks that these are my best chocolate muffins. I made these for a friend’s babyshower and the guests all asked for a second one saying these are so good! Unfortunately I made just one per person thinking that there would be some other great treats too! So increase the amounts if you are making these for a large group of people as they will ask for a second.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
My Best Chocolate Muffins
Fudgy and very chocolaty chocolate muffins topped with chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 17 1x
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, for topping
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler and wait it until it reaches room temperature
- Whisk eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Add in olive oil and vanilla powder. Mix well.
- Mix flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder in a seperate bowl and sift half of it into the egg mixture gradually. Stir with a spatula.
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Stir in the remaining flour mixture gradually.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- Share the batter into 17 muffin liners and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool them on a wire rack and sprinkle coarse sugar on each when they completely cooled.
Note: If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make it yourself. Just drop 2 tablespoons lemon juice into 3/4 cup lukewarm milk and wait 20 minutes. Follow the rest of the instructions the same way.