Easy Meatballs with Potatoes is just for you if you are looking for an easy and hearty dish for lunch or dinner! There are hundreds, if not thousands of meatball recipes around but this one is one of my favorites. It’s fun to make meatballs since you can play with the ingredients to your taste. If someone says there is a recipe for easy meatballs, I must definitely try it! This one is from mom, she says it’s easy since you put meatballs and other veggies in a pot at the same time and cook together. No frying at all! You don’t have to watch it when it’s cooking unlike grilled or fried meatballs.
Have you heard izmir kofte? Meatballs and potatoes are fried seperately, combined with tomatoes and green pepper and cooked in oven. The recipe for Easy Meatballs with Potatoes is the quick and healthy version of it. I must definitely say that it’s as tasty!
The combination of meatballs, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and garlic results in a scrumptious complete dish. The red spicy sauce in it gives the dish an extra flavour and makes it even better.
You might think this one is more like a winter dish, but I guarentee you will enjoy it in all seasons! Since nothing is fried, it’s not a heavy dish. Don’t you think meatballs with any vegetable is always appealing? This one is a moist dish with the same ingredients.
Once you try this Easy Meatballs with Potatoes recipe, you will become addicted and you will find yourself making it for your family once a week!
- Meatball dough:
- 500g medium ground beef
- 1 onion, finely grated
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tbsp pepper paste
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 green peppers, whole
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp pepper paste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp black Pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix all meatball ingredients with your hands until combined very well.
- Make large finger shape meatballs and place them in a large pot.
- Line potatoes over meatballs.
- Top them with tomato slices.
- Place whole peppers on them.
- Mix all sauce ingredients very well and pour over them.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 40 minutes over medium low heat.
- Serve hot with ayran or yogurt.