This Meatblall Stew is one of our ultimate comforting dishes. Mini meatballs are combined with vegetables in a pan and cooked with a tomato sauce. Full of flavors!
Meatball stew is an easy recipe when you have some meatballs in the freezer. So it's a good idea to make more meatballs than needed and freeze them for a later easy meal.
How To Make
The recipe is quite straightforward. In a shallow pan, fry the mini meatballs until both sides are brown. Transfer them on a plate.
Then in the same pan, cook chopped onion in olive oil until translucent, add in tomato paste and a little water. Add in diced carrots and potatoes. Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Now add the meatballs and peas(if you want), season it with salt and pepper.
Pour hot water over them and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are fully cooked.
How to Store
After it cools completely, you can store this meatball stew in the refrigerator for 3 days and in the freezer for 3 months.
Also, you can freeze the meatballs uncooked if you want. The rest of the steps are already easy to make.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!Print
Meatball Stew With Vegetables
A comforting dish with meatballs and veggies!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 500g ground beef
- 1 small egg
- 1 small onion, pureed
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp pepper paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
For the stew:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, diced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- Start with making meatballs.
- Combine all ingredients and 2 tbsp olive oil for meatballs very well and make mini meatballs. Put them aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot. Cook the meatballs in batches until both sides are brown. Don't worry about their inside. Transfer on a plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook chopped onions and peppers until soft.
- Add in tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour 1-2 tbsp water if needed.
- Add in potatoes and carrots.
- Season with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Pour ½ cup hot water and cover.
- After 5 minutes, add meatballs and stir.
- Pour the rest of the hot water (1 and ½ cups) and cover it.
- Cook it for about 10-15 minutes over medium heat until vegetables get tender.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 706.3 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.3 g
- Protein: 19.5 g
- Cholesterol: 37.5 mg