Love the nutty flavor of tahini? Looking for a vegan ice cream recipe with almond milk? I’ve got you covered! Here is a super easy, no churn ice cream that you can make only with 4 ingredients.
Almond milk is our favorite nut milk and we use it often. While this ice cream is one of the best treats in summer, almond milk hot chocolate is a hit during winter. If you are after dairy-free recipes, go check out our almond milk pancakes too!
You need 4 main ingredients for this easy recipe: Almond milk, almond butter, tahini (or smooth peanut butter) and dates. We also add in some roasted sesame seeds for a little crunchiness in the ice cream.
Almond milk is a great substitute for regular milk and we use it even to make almond milk buttermilk, which can be used to make super fluffy vegan pancakes.
Love sesame seeds? You might want to check out our sesame candies, sesame simit and sesame cookies too.
How To Make
This is one of the easiest ice cream recipes ever.
- First, blend all the four ingredients in a food processor except sesame seeds until smooth.
- Second, pour it in a freezer-friendly container like a loaf pan and fold in sesame seeds using a spatula.
- Third, cover and freeze it for at least 5 hours.
- Don’t forget to let it rest a little at room temperature before scooping.
Note: Unlike a regular ice cream like Vanilla Oreo Ice Cream (your top favorite on Give Recipe), this almond milk ice cream has no cream, oil, butter or an egg custard inside. So it melts fast. Don’t let it sit on the counter for long.
- Roasted sesame seeds: We use them in this recipe because we love their crispiness in the ice cream. You can just leave them out and go with your favorite add-ins.
- Almonds: If you love almonds that much, go ahead and throw some chopped almonds in the mixture after blending. Or you can use any nut you like.
- Chocolate Chips: If you want a little chocolate flavor in your ice cream, add some chocolate chips after blending.
Yes, you can. Use whatever plant-based milk you like. Oat milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, soy milk work fine.
Almond butter works fine in the base of a vegan ice cream because of its creamy texture. You can use cashew butter too because they have similar consistency.
You can use soft dried figs or banana but the texture could be slightly different. Then you might need to add a little maple syrup or agave syrup because you might find it not sweet enough without dates.
More Almond Milk Recipes
More Ice Cream Recipes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Sign up for the FREE GiveRecipe Newsletter to get the new recipes into your inbox! And stay in touch with us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Homemade Almond Milk Ice Cream
No churn vegan ice cream made with almond milk, tahini and dates.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 cup dates, choose the softest
- ½ tablespoon roasted sesame seeds, optional
- Put all the ingredients except sesame seeds in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour it in a freezer-friendly container.
- Fold in the roasted sesame seeds using a spatula.
- Cover and freeze for 5 hours.
- Let it sit on the counter for some minutes before scooping.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 26.8 g
- Sodium: 72.4 mg
- Fat: 35.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: almond milk ice cream, tahini ice cream, vegan ice cream, dairy free ice cream
You might also like:
This is absolutely delicious!! I made a second Bach in a week.