Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze are perfectly fluffy and buttery. The dough with a subtle pumpkin flavor matches very well with the cinnamon and nutmeg sugar filling. Vanilla glaze on the top balances all the flavors and makes these rolls irresistible!
Cinnamon is one of our favorite spices and cooling weather always stimulates us to bake something with cinnamon. These are our first pumpkin cinnamon rolls and I can proudly say that they turned out so good. I’m now pretty sure that we will be making pumpkin cinnamon rolls often as there is always pumpkin puree in our refrigerator during the fall season. These are great alternative to my classic Cinnamon Walnut and Apple Rolls, which is one of the staples in many Turkish homes in fall.
Making Pumpkin Rolls With Yeast
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls require a yeasted dough. But don’t worry if you are afraid of baking with yeast. Everything is explained below in the recipe card.
Do you find it scary because you have never baked something with yeast? This is completely understandable if you don’t have much experience. But it’s really not that scary, just needs some trials. Whisk instant dry yeast, sugar and lukewarm water and wait for 5 minutes. Sugar is the food of yeast, so don’t skip it. It helps the yeast rise well.
Mix the ingredients for dough and get a somewhat sticky dough. Wait it for 1 hour so that it rises. Then only thing you need to do is knead it for awhile on the lightly floured work surface. Sprinkle flour on the bottom when needed. You can see the video below for this!
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls with vanilla glaze will give your soul the warmness it needs. So enjoy one or two or even more with a mug of coffee when they are still warm. And you can always drizzle extra glaze on your piece of roll. This will be our secret, I promise!
Other Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pancakes With Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins With Cake Mix
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze
Fluffy, buttery and sticky pumpkin cinnamon rolls with a vanilla glaze.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 and ¼ teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 and ½ tablespoons hot water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk dry yeast and sugar in a bowl. Pour warm water on it and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flour, pumpkin puree, milk melted butter and salt. Mix until combined. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); sprinkle extra flour on the bottom to prevent dough from sticking to hands or the surface (dough will feel tacky).
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, for 1 hour. (Press two fingers into the dough. If an indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Punch dough down. Roll the dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Spread melted butter on it. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up the rectangle tightly, starting with a long edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal. Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place slices in a 9X6 inches baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake the rolls at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and vanilla extract in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over buns. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
Keywords: pumpkin cinnamon rolls