Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel make you feel in heaven in the morning! I don’t make pancakes very often, with no special reason. Crepes are more commonly known here in Turkey, that’s why we have them more. Well, this will probably change after these pumpkin pancakes as I can definitely say that these are way tastier than our regular crepes!
Pumpkin pancakes are perfect for a chilly fall morning and the best companion would be a cup of newly brewed black tea. Right, I’m not a coffee person. Well, pancakes are one of the best breakfast foods, but we had these as dessert. They were so yummy with a little greek yogurt and caramel sauce topping.
I used homemade pumpkin puree I made yesterday for my very first Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. You can find how to make pumpkin puree yourself in that post. If you don’t have time, just buy a can of it instead. But you know I’m always on the side of homemade foods.
When I searched for pumpkin recipes on the web, I saw several recipes calling for something called pumpkin pie spice. Never heard of it before. To be honest, I thought it was a spice made from dried and ground pumpkin. No single idea if such a thing ever exists! Then I found the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice and saw that it is a mixture of some great spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. I didn’t have all those in my pantry when I made these yummy pumpkin pancakes, so I just used cinnamon and ginger. The aroma they gave to the pancakes was to die for! The whole house was filled with that tempting scent of the spices. Hello fall!
As you can see from the photos, we topped our pancakes with a little greek yogurt and a lot of caramel sauce. If you want to feel in heaven as much as we did, do not skip these two. If you want to make your family happy in the morning, try these pumpkin pancakes full of fall flavors and glazed with caramel sauce. How about this Sunday?
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel
Pancakes full of fall flavors. These will make your mornings even better!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 and 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons greek yogurt
- Caramel sauce to taste
- Combine egg, pumpkin puree, milk and oil in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in another large bowl.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stirr until blended. Don’t overmix the batter, just until blended.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat it over medium high heat.
- Pour 1/2 ladle of the batter in the pan for one pancake. Fry one side for about 3 minutes, flip them over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Both sides will get golden brown.
- Serve hot with a little greek yogurt and caramel sauce.