Tangy Lime Ice Cream will be your ultimate summer treat if you are a citrus lover. I know it’s too early to talk about summertime treats, but I just couldn’t wait any longer to share this recipe.
Mom brought us a box of wonderfully smelling limes from their yard and I just want to use them in as many recipes as I can. I’ve made some cocktails so far, which is my favorite use of lime. But I don’t want to finish them up before making a very refreshing tangy lime ice cream.
What is your favorite recipe with lime? If you love them in cocktails as much as I do, you should check my latest Fresh Strawberry Margarita. It was a real hit! If you love it in sweet treats, then keep reading to learn how to make a fantastic ice cream using lime juice and zest.
You will almost feel that you are in a lime yard where the trees are full of blossoms. Who doesn’t love heavenly blossoms which have mesmerizing scent? If you don’t have a chance of smelling those beauties, make this Tangy Lime Ice Cream. I promise you will be as mesmerized and inspired.
Did you see our Creamy Lemon Ice Cream from last summer? If you love lemonade as a summer drink, I definitely suggest it too. This Tangy Lime Ice Cream has a similar recipe but it has an even stronger flavor, which I really love. I can feel renewed even with the smell of it.
Is it too early for ice cream? Not for us. I know we haven’t even started summer days, but who says ice cream is only a summer dessert? Hello to those who love and eat ice cream in all seasons! I know you will thank me when summer finally comes since you won’t have to look for a great ice cream recipe if you try this Tangy Lime Ice Cream.
If you love the lime scent, you can top your ice cream with a little freshly grated lime zest plus a sprig of fresh mint. Nothing could be fresher than all this combination.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!Print
Tangy Lime Ice Cream
Creamy and tangy lime ice cream with a heavenly scent and flavor!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking and Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 and ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 4 limes
- A pinch of salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Put heavy cream, milk, sugar, zest and salt in a pot until sugar is dissolved and bring it to boil.
- Beat the yolks in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the hot cream mixture into beaten yolks gradually and stirring constantly. Never pour all of them at one time.
- Pour this mixture back into the pot and cook over medium low heat until it coats the back of the spoon, for 3-5 minutes. Stir it constantly and don’t let it boil.
- Stir in lime juice and cool it until it reaches at room temperature stirring occasionally. Chill in the fridge about 3 hours. The longer the better.
- Pour it into your ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep it in an airtight container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Chilling and freezing duration is not included in the total time.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 38.2 g
- Sodium: 435.2 mg
- Fat: 17.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.6 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 225.5 mg
Keywords: lime ice cream