Sesame Candy is the easiest candy recipe you can make at home with only two ingredients. Crunchy, nutty and yummy!
Crunchy Sesame Candy used to be one of my favorite candies as a kid! It is one of those candies special to Eid, which is the Muslim holiday celebrated at the end of Ramadan. I still don’t know why but Eid candies are not found at markets on regular days while you can see piles of them right before Eid. Eid has a special role in kids’ world since they don’t have to get permission from parents to eat candies, they can eat as much as they want. They also knock doors nearby in groups to collect candies, which is an Eid tradition here. It was such a fun to walk around our neighborhood with other kids during Eid. I would look for sesame candy in the candy bowl the host was holding. I would count the candies I collected at night and put them into categories from the most loved to the least loved ones.
I love the combination of oily and roasted flavor of sesame seeds and sugar. It’s not a too sweet candy. Did you know that it’s so easy to make sesame candy at home? I decided to make it myself to serve kids at the door this Eid. I love to make my own candies to serve kids on such holidays.
It was the first time I melt sugar for this recipe and it was a bit challenging for me. It took me for about 45 minutes and I wasn’t sure whether I was doing the right thing since it was still in the form of sugar after 30 minutes. I must warn you that you need to be patient to make these candies!
I used roasted sesame seeds for this recipe. If you can’t find it, you can roast white seeds yourself in a pan until brown. I tried to cut it into pieces with a knife, but I found it harder, so I just broke them into pieces with my hands.
You need just two ingredients; sesame seeds and sugar. Oh make sure you have enough patience too! It’s so easy, but a bit slow! You need to melt sugar and let it caramelize over low heat occasionally stirring. This is the hardest step in this recipe.
OTHER TURKISH SWEETS
- Easy Halva Recipe With Flour
- Turkish Delight Stuffed With Pistachio
- Semolina Cookies With Syrup Sekerpare
- Gullac With Pistachio
- Turkish Baklava Easy Way
- Baklava Traditional Way
Crunchy Sesame Candy
One of the best homemade candies made from sesame seeds!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Line a small tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare another piece of parchment paper in the same size.
- Heat sugar in a non stick skillet over low heat until it melts and caramelizes stirring occasionally for about 45 min.
- Take it from stove and add in sesame seeds. Mix quickly with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture on the parchment paper and cover it with the other piece of parchment paper.
- Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Let it cool and remove parchment paper.
- Break it roughly with hands and serve.
Keywords: sesame candy