This Pasta Salad without Mayo is creamy and refreshing thanks to Greek yogurt and cucumber. It makes a perfect and satisfying summer lunch that is ready within minutes.
This mayo-free pasta salad recipe is the fourth recipe of our No-Mayo Salad Recipe Series we started a couple of weeks ago. If you are interested in summer lunch ideas that are light yet satisfying and tasty, you should go back to the first recipes of the series and see our Tuna Salad without Mayo, Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad and Healthy Egg Salad. Stay tuned for more salad recipes that you can make without mayonnaise!
I must accept that I was inspired by my 4-year-old son when creating this recipe. All kids LOVE pasta, right? They have their own taste and preference when eating it though. My son loves his pasta plain, with no sauce added. I’m not like him, I do like my pasta with lots of cheese and my favorite pasta recipe is Creamy Caprese Pasta. He even gives me the instructions on how to cook and serve his pasta. “Just boil it, add in butter and put it on my plate” he says. Although he doesn’t want any sauce on his pasta, he loves to pair it with Turkish Cacik, which is a yogurt and cucumber dip just like Greek tzatziki. I serve it in a small bowl and he always ends up with transferring it on his pasta. No sauce, yes cacik! Lol!
After seeing his way of eating pasta, I decided to combine the two and serve it cold for lunch. It wasn’t surprising that Gokturk LOVED this pasta salad without mayo and asked me to make it again for the next day.
Pasta salads are staple in summer and we need to know the best ways to make a good cold pasta salad that can be taken to work or parties. I’ve made this salad several times and it’s always a hit.
What Makes this Pasta Salad without Mayo that Great?
- As there is no mayonnaise in this salad, you can put it in a container and take it to picnic or potluck parties during summer. You know, mayonnaise might easily spoil when it’s too hot and Greek yogurt is a wonderful substitute.
- This is such an easy recipe that even a person who has never cooked anything can easily make it. Cook pasta, set aside. Combine it with diced cucumber, yogurt, fresh mint and olive oil.
- I love the subtle flavor of garlic in this salad, so one clove of garlic is just enough. Add it mashed into yogurt, mix and then pour it on the pasta.
- If you want to make your pasta salad even healthier and more satisfying, you can use whole wheat pasta and add some feta cheese in it.
Pasta Salad without Mayo
Creamy, light and satisfying pasta salad without mayonnaise.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American
- ½ lb pasta
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, mashed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, run cold water over it and drain well. Add the diced cucumber.
- Mix yogurt, mashed garlic, salt and pour it over pasta and cucumber. Add in chopped fresh mint and toss. Drizzle olive oil over it and serve.
It’s even better when chilled for about an hour.
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 175.1mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 45.5g
- Protein: 11.6g
- Cholesterol: 7.2mg