Turkish Red Pepper Sheet Pan Pizza with a load of onions and sesame seeds is super easy to make. It is vegetarian and doesn't have any cheese, yet disappears fast. Tastes still so good when cold if there are any leftovers.
This Red Pepper Sheet Pan Pizza recipe is from my childhood. This is not well known around the country, it is baked generally in the Southern part of Turkey. And I haven’t met a better cook than mom baking this super tasty snack. I remember that we would always have some on the counter and we had a few slices whenever we felt hungry.
None of my friends here knows this tasty pizza and when I make it, I always hear the “Nom nom nom"s. They say that the ingredients are so simple and ordinary, but the taste of it is certainly extraordinary. Most of my friends think that it’s very similar to regular pizza, but I think it’s more than that thanks to its unique topping.
You can serve it at any time of day as a snack or in the morning as breakfast.Print
Red Pepper Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe
Red Pepper Flatbread Pizza Recipe with a load of onions and sesame seeds is super easy to make. It is vegetarian and doesn't have any cheese.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste or tomato paste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup warm water
- Sift the flour in a large bowl. In a small cup mix yeast powder, salt and warm water. Pour this mixture in the flour. Combine them well. Add in yogurt and knead the dough by gradually adding some extra warm water. Knead it well until it doesn’t stick to your hand. Then make a big ball from this dough and cover it with a wet piece of cloth. Put it in a warm place and wait at least one hour so that it rises well.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the topping mixture you’ll spread on the dough. Combine all peppers and onions in a bowl. Add in sesame seeds, olive oil, pepper paste and salt. Stir well.
- After the dough rises enough (after at least one hour), preheat the oven to 350F. Oil a baking pan and transfer the dough on this tray. Now it’s time for your hands to work more. Flatten the dough in the baking pan equally. Spread the topping mixture on the dough with your hands.
- Before putting it into the oven, cut it in squares so that it is easier to remove from the pan after it’s baked.
- Place it into the oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
Keywords: pizza, sheet pan, red pepper