Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes recipe is easy, creamy and addictively cheesy. We love to snack on the leftovers the next day.
What is your ultimate side dish that you pair with meat dishes? Ours is this Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes. It is so good that I regret not making more each time I make it for a crowd.
Among all vegetables, potato is on the top of the consumption list in Turkey. As potato has a wide range of growth in various regions of Turkey, it’s the cheapest vegetable. That’s the reason for its fame. You can’t find a kitchen in Turkey without potato. It’s the main ingredient of Turkish kitchen. At our outdoor markets, onion and potato are always together on counters because onion is the second most popular vegetable in our country. Growers generally grow these two together and onion is as cheap as potato here.
And it’s an indispensable vegetable of my kitchen. I mostly make its puree and soup, sometimes its salad. Among these, we are so fond of cream cheese mashed potatoes that we can eat it at any time. We prefer eating it as a side dish with any meat or chicken dish. Rather than spreading ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise on meat/ chicken, we prefer this super creamy thing. We think it is healthier. In addition to being a side dish, cream cheese mashed potatoes also make a great kind of snack. I must say that I’m eating this delicious thing right now while writing about it.
Most of you might already know how to make mashed potatoes. Have you tried it with cream cheese? I want to give my recipe for those who haven’t tried it yet.
You will see how easy it is to reward yourself when you come home from work when you try this recipe.
Creamy and cheesy mashed potatoes that can be served everyday at dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 4 middle potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup milk (if you like it thicker, add less)
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are soft. You can check it with a fork if they are soft enough or not. Do not let them cold. This is very important because if they are cold, butter don’t melt when you add.
- Peel and divide them into big pieces with a fork. Now grab blender and mash them until smooth.
- Add butter and cream cheese when they are still hot. Go on mixing and add milk and salt. You can decide the amount of these according to your taste.
- After the mixture is smooth, taste it and if you want it to be more milky, add more. And serve it with any dish you like.