It’s finally strawberry season here! My favorite time of year! I feel even more renewed when I feel fresh and sweet smell of strawberries at the market since I know that lovely sunny days are just around the corner. It looks sunny outside, but we are not having very springy days here yet. It’s still a bit chilly although we see blossomed trees around us. I know warmer days are very close and it’s time to make some springy treats like this Easy Srawberry Parfait!
This is a healthy strawberry parfait since it contains no cream, the only fat in it comes from strained yogurt. That makes this scrumptious sweet treat diet-friendly and you can enjoy it without feeling guilty. You can even adjust the amount of sugar you use to your taste.
You don’t need many ingredients or much time to make a lovely dessert and impress your guests. This simple yet visually stunning strawberry parfait will definitely do its job and you will see the joy in the eyes of your guests. They will be impressed by the simplicity of this spring dessert and they will ask for the recipe especially when they learn that it’s a healthy guilt-free dessert.
Although I’m calling it dessert, this easy parfait makes a perfect breakfast food too! It will be a great twist on your regular fruit yogurt! I used cornflakes just for topping, but you can add some among the layers if you want your parfait more filling.
Toss the cornflakes right before serving, otherwise they will lose their crunchiness. If you don’t like cornflakes, you can replace it with something else like oats or even quinoa as in this Strawberry and Quinoa Parfait.
If you want a slightly complicated strawberry treat, check out my Strawberry Pie with Vanilla Pudding I posted last spring.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 and ½ cup strawberry, hulled and quarted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornflakes
- Put strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until it gets bloody juicy and a bit tender. Let it cool completely.
- Whisk yogurt and water until creamy.
- Stir in honey.
- Put 2 tablespoons yogurt into a glass.
- Cover it with cooked strawberries.
- Make another layer of yogurt over strawberries.
- Put cooked strawberries over it and top with cornflakes.
- Repeat for other glasses.
- Serve after chilling or immediately.