Tomato Soup Recipe is one of my all-time favorite soup recipes. A comforting soup that is slightly tart is perfect for chilly days. Super easy to make. The smell will tempt you when cooking.
I always have some summer tomatoes in the freezer or preserved in jars to make a huge batch of tomato soup when the weather changes. It becomes even more comforting when you serve it with croutons on the top.
This tomato soup recipe is a basic one. Whenever I make this soup, I always think that basic recipes that we learn from our moms or grandmas are always the best. This is an inexpensive family meal that you can make with simple ingredients and with almost no effort.
It’s up to you to make changes on this basic tomato soup recipe. I sprinkle a little dried mint (my favorite spice!) on the soup because I use it in almost every soup recipe, but you can use a different spice or just leave it out if you prefer so. I know basil and (either fresh or dried) gives a wonderful flavor to this soup as well.
Creamy, slightly tasty and super comforting basic tomato soup recipe.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon butter?
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour?
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste?4 tomatoes, mashed?
- 4 cups water?
- 1 cup milk?
- 4 tablespoon cream
- croutons or Turkish kasar cheese
- Melt butter in a pot and add flour. Saute it until it changes color, stirring continually until it changes color.?
- Add tomato paste and mashed tomato. (use blender if it gets lumpy)?
- Then add milk and water. Boil it until it gets smooth over medium heat.
- ?Finally add cream and boil for 3 minutes.?
- Throw some croutons on top of each bowl (not in the pot!) when serving.