You love spinach, don’t you? Have you ever cooked something with spinach stems? Do you hate wasting food like me? Do you love to try new things with eggs? Are you always in search for new breakfast ideas? If you say yes to all these, you must try this recipe!
When I saute spinach, I use all parts of it, but when I add it to salads as raw, I just use the leaves. So what will happen to spinach stems? Will they end up in garbage can? No way!
I save spinach stems in a plastic bag and store in freezer to use them later either to make soup or this breakfast food with eggs.
I would love to hear if you have any other ideas to use spinach stems.Print
Spinach Stems With Egg Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 cup of spinach stems, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp cheese of your choice (I used feta)
- Cook spinach stems in water until tender for about 15 minutes and drain.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Transfer it to a small baking dish when it is still hot.
- Add butter and mix it with stems until it melts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Make a hole in the center with a spoon and break an egg in that hole.
- Cook it in oven until egg is done. You can understand it from its white.
- Toss in cheese when you take it from oven and serve hot.
Keywords: spinach stem recipe