You love spinach, don’t you? Have you ever cooked something with spinach stalk? Do you hate wasting food like me? Do you love to try new things with egg? Are you always in search for new breakfast ideas? If you say yes to all these, you must try this recipe!
When I saute spinach, I use all parts of it, but when I add it to salads as raw, I just use the leaves. So what will happen to spinach stalk? Will they end up in garbage can? No way!
I save spinach stalk in a plastic bag and store in freezer to use them later either to make soup or this breakfast food with egg.
I would love to hear if you have any other ideas to use spinach stalk.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Spinach Stalk With Egg
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 cup of spiach stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp cheese of your choice (I used feta)
- Boil spinach stalk until tender for about 15 minutes and drain.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Transfer it to a small baking dish when it is still hot.
- Add butter and mix it with stalks until it melts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Make a hole in the center with a spoon and break an egg in that hole.
- Cook it in oven until egg is done. You can understand it from its white.
- Toss in cheese when you take it from oven and serve hot.