Peach Bread with Walnuts is wonderfully moist and flavorful thanks to fresh peach chunks and cinnamon on its top. No matter how high is the temperature outside, you need to go bake this amazing bread. It is even better when chilled.
You might have realized that I’m not much into baking during summer but I wanted to make an exception for this beautiful bread. I mean, don’t you think it looks so attractive? Just as how I had imagined it to be. After sharing several amazing salad recipes here since the beginning of summer like Vegan Potato Salad or Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad, I think we all deserve something to spoil ourselves a little.
We were talking about the most decadent Banana Bread I’ve ever made the other day. A friend of mine asked me whether I can make it for her daughter’s birthday party and I gladly accepted and made it fort he little beauty. Meanwhile the name “Banana Bread” somehow made me ask myself what other breads I can make when it’s summer time. Well, I know your favorite one on this blog is Chocolate and Yogurt Zucchini Bread. Yes! Zucchini! The vegetable I’m obsessed with! Then I remember peach is one of my favorite summer fruit. So why don’t make a peach bread? That’s how this out-of-this world bread was born.
Summer is when peaches are abundant, so let’s enjoy it! I already add it to salads like this super healthy Cold Lentil Salad with Peaches but I wanted to bake something this time.
Different from a banana bread, I didn’t mash peaches in this recipe. I chopped them so that we feel the juicy chunks of peaches when eating the bread. So the peaches I used weren’t too ripe. And as I love combining nuts with fruit, I added some crumbled walnuts. I didn’t roast them but if you want their flavor pop more, roast them beforehand.
Finally, I topped it with peach slices, that’s what made my bread look so attractive. You know what? Our little son, who loves sprinkling things on food, was with me in the kitchen and he asked “Mommy can I sprinkle some cinnamon on it?” Wow! I was amazed! Isn’t it a brilliant idea? In addition to cinnamon, I added little brown sugar on peaches and ended up this beautiful thing!Print
Peach Bread with Walnuts
Cinnamon flavored peach bread with walnuts. Moist and flavorful, it makes you feel cozy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 11 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup kefir
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peach chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled walnuts
- 11 peach slices, not very thick
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Powdered sugar when serving
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8X4 inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving enough baking parchment so that it is easy to pull the cake out.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar. Add the oil and whisk well. Add in kefir and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together ino the bowl and stir with a spatula just until combined. Stir in the peaches and walnuts and pour into the baking pan.
- Arrange the peach slices on the bread and sprinkle cinnamon and Brown sugar over it.
- Bake for an hour or until an inserted skewer somes out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar when it cools completely or when serving.