Make this Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix if you love shortcuts because you need only 4 ingredients: Juicy peaches, cake mix, butter and nuts. So easy to make. It is perfect for summertime gatherings.
How to Make an Easy Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
You will be amazed when you see how easy it is to make this classic dessert. Making an old fashioned peach cobbler from scratch is not that difficult, but sometimes we need even an easier version of recipes. Right? That’s what easy homemade cake mix is for when we bake a dessert like this.
Start by placing peeled peach slices to the bottom of a baking dish. You can use either an oval pan or a 9×13 casserole dish.
Pour the cake mix in a medium bowl and add in the melted butter. Mix to combine either using a spatula or your hands. The mixture will look really crumbly, but don’t worry. It will absorb the juice of peaches when baking and results in a perfect peach cobbler.
There are two other methods of combining peaches, cake mix and butter.
1)Pour the cake mix right over the peach slices evenly and top it with chopped cold butter. Try to scatter the butter pieces evenly.
2) Pour the cake mix over the peaches. Melt the butter and pour it over the cake mix evenly.
Although the two methods above technically sound easier because you don’t need an extra step in another bowl, neither of them is my favorite. I prefer melting the butter and combining it with the cake mix in a bowl until crumbly and then sprinkle this mixture over peaches. How hard can this step be? It is definitely worth because the cake mix is combined evenly with butter, which helps it bake evenly.
For a crunchy top and a nutty flavor, use your favorite nut or a combination of nuts for this peach cobbler made with cake mix. I used chopped almonds just because they were what we had on hand. Pecans, walnuts or pistachios work fine too. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until the top gets golden brown. Nuts over the cobbler toast wonderfully and add richness to this amazing peach dessert.
Can I Use Canned Peaches For A Quick Cobbler Recipe?
I always prefer fresh fruit to canned, but yes, you can use canned peaches for this cake mix cobbler recipe. Don’t drain all the juice in the can because it moistens the cake mix when baking. You can even set the juice aside and pour it over the cake mix as the final step before baking.
How to Serve Peach Cobbler
It is fantastic when served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and fresh peach slices. You can even make our No-Churn Peach Ice Cream recipe ahead and top your cobbler with it. The melting ice cream over this warm dessert takes it to the next level. I LOVE it with a cup of coffee, preferably Turkish coffee. Read the details and the steps of making this special coffee in our How to Make Turkish Coffee post.
Other Cake Mix Recipes
- Pumpkin Muffins Made With Yellow Cake Mix
- Chocolate Cake Mix From Scratch
- Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Lemon Cookies
Other Fresh Peach Recipes You Might Like
- Peach Bread with Walnuts from Give Recipe
- Blueberry Peach Cake from Give Recipe
- Pan Fried Peaches from Give Recipe
- No Bake Peach Cheesecake from Give Recipe
- Blueberry Peach Dump Cake from Crazy for Crust
- Peach Lemonade Sangria from Real House Moms
- Peach Pudding from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Other Easy Fruit Recipes You Might Like
Oh and if you make this Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix recipe, I’d love to hear your feedback. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below.Print
Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
Peach cobbler made with cake mix and nuts. A super easy peach dessert to serve at summer gatherings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or canned peaches)
- 1 16.25 oz (460g) cake mix, yellow or white
- 1 stick (113g) butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped almonds (any nut work fine)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the peach slices to the bottom of a 9×13” pan.
- Pour the cake mix into a meidum bowl. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add it into the bowl. Stir until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the peaches.
- Top it with chopped almonds and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes and serve it warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and fresh peach slices.
If you are using canned peaches, don’t drain all the juice. Leave half of it and use it with the peaches so that it helps moisten the cake mix.
Keywords: peach, dessert, summer dessert, cobbler