Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
Peach cobbler made with cake mix and nuts. A super easy peach dessert to serve at summer gatherings.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups (550g/1.2pounds) fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or canned peaches) -please see the notes below.
- 1 15.25 oz (425g) cake mix, yellow or white
- 1 stick (113g) butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped almonds (any nut work fine)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Place the peach slices to the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. If you use canned peaches, pour all of it including the juice.
- Pour the cake mix into a medium bowl. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add it into the bowl. Stir until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the peaches.
- Optionally, top it with chopped almonds and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes and serve it warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and fresh peach slices.
- Try to find the ripest peaches for this cobbler because we need all of their juice to have a better result. If you can’t find ripe peaches, use canned peaches with all the juice in the can.
- You end up with a moister dessert when you use canned peaches, which is more like a peach cobbler cake.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of cake mix or peach slices depending on the size of your baking pan. The key here is to cover the bottom of your baking pan with peach slices and to cover the top of those peaches with cake mix. So you can make adjustments to the measurements if your baking pan is smaller or larger than ours.
- The baking duration may differ depending on your oven. Check it after 30 minutes and if the top is wonderfully golden and nuts are brown, it is done. Bake it longer if it still looks undercooked.
- Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator if you make this on a hot summer day. Reheat or bring it to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 522
- Sugar: 42.8 g
- Sodium: 552.5 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 75.9 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 30.4 mg
Keywords: peach cobbler with cake mix, easy peach cobbler recipe with cake mix