Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread topped with a silky chocolate ganache gives you the feeling of an amazingly light and moist chocolate cake. If you love chocolate and banana flavors together, you will LOVE this! Decadent and easy to make!
Who wouldn't be happy to see a super moist chocolate banana bread in the kitchen in the morning? I think it makes a wonderful breakfast when served with some milk. Not coffee. I don't prefer coffee with this cake because banana and milk completes each other perfectly.
Do you have very ripe bananas waiting for someone in the family to eat them one day? You might think they don’t look appealing and even think about throwing them away. It will be a very big mistake if you do so. Use those bananas for this amazing Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread and you will apologize to them for underestimating their power of stimulating your taste buds!
Banana is not a very cheap fruit and they have discounts only when they are very ripe. I find it quite ironic since they taste much better when they are that ripe. You can create scrumptious cakes or breads like this one with ripe bananas.
The riper the bananas, the tastier cakes and breads you make with them. Most people don’t know this culinary secret and they don’t show any interest in the bananas on sale. I know I know, they don’t look good at the market stand. On the other hand, I know they are great to make a super moist marbled chocolate banana bread, so I never miss discounts!
Although I’m in love with the scent of banana, I don’t like eating it much. Fruit must be juicy for me. But I do love this chocolate banana bread that is bursting with banana flavor. I used real chocolate, not cocoa powder to make the marble. I added some melted chocolate gently in 1 cup of the batter, combined two batters in the pan and make swirls so that the batter gives chocolate in every bite.
In my first attempt to give it a marble look, I poured the plain batter into the pan first and then topped it with the chocolate batter. I thought my bread would have nice chocolate swirls inside, but it didn't turn out like that. The swirls mostly left on the top with this method.
To make perfect swirls is so easy with a simple method. Pour two batters alternately in the pan and then swirl a knife or a fork. Make sure you don't over-swirl though. Just four or five times would be enough.
It’s optional, but I highly recommend you top your chocolate banana bread with some chocolate ganache to double your pleasure. It’s not a heavy cake, so don’t afraid of topping it with extra chocolate.
I took it to the school and my colleagues devoured it early in the morning. They said that they loved how soft and moist it was. They had the feeling of a wonderful moist chocolate cake loaded with a lovely banana flavour. I think the chocolate inside and on the top compliments the banana flavor very well.
Just after making this wonderful chocolate banana bread, I saw the healthy Whole Wheat Oatmeal Applesauce Banana Bread by Monique of Ambitious Kitchen and got intrigued. Although I have a favorite vegan banana bread with allspice and walnuts, I will definitely be trying her vegan-friendly banana bread soon. Maybe you want to check it out too.
More Loaf Cakes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
Marbled chocolate banana bread topped with a silky chocolate ganache.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 and ½ cup)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 and ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- chocolate ganache:
- 80g dark chocolate chips
- 80ml heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl over boiling water and let it cool down.
- Mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer until it’s crumbly.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add eggs, one each time and mix.
- Stir in yogurt and mix until combined well.
- Mix flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a seperate bowl and combine it with the wet ingredients.
- Take 1 cup of the batter and mix it with melted chocolate.
- Line your pan with parchment paper and spoon the two batters alternately into it.
- Swirl gently using a fork or a knife, but don't over-swirl.
- Bake it for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with little crumbs and cool completely.
- For the ganache, put chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until it boils and pour it over chocolate. (See the video above)
- Pour over the completely cooled banana bread and wait for about half an hour before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 28.8 g
- Sodium: 258.3 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 64.7 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 70.4 mg
Keywords: marbled banana bread, banana bread recipe