Recipe for this moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is what you need these days. It is made with kefir and olive oil, which results in a lighter and moister bread. Crumbled walnuts inside the bread add a nice crunchiness and balance the flavors. It makes a perfect breakfast or after-school snack.
I know there are zillions of zucchini bread recipes around and you might think that you don’t need a new one. Trust me, there is always a need for another recipe when it comes to zucchini. I used kefir in this chocolate chip zucchini bread to make it moist just like my Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe, which is even lighter and more refreshing thanks to lemon.
Shredded zucchini, chocolate chips and crumbled walnuts come together to form an amazing texture in this bread. I’ve made several zucchini bread recipes, but this is by far the best one. Everything in this bread go together really well. This recipe is for you if you are bored of a classic zucchini bread.
How Is This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Moist
Zucchini is naturally juicy especially when it is shredded. Although the amount of liquid it releases is more than needed in a bread recipe like this, we still get benefit of it for a moist bread. After measuring shredded zucchini, squeeze it a bit with your hands. Don’t try to remove all the juice to have the desired result.
Besides zucchini, kefir helps the moistness as well. After experimenting with several dairy products in baking, I’ve seen that kefir is the best ingredient to end up with a moist bread. That’s why I recommend that you go buy a bottle if you have never tried it. You will be amazed with the result. On the other hand, if you can’t find kefir, you can substitute plain yogurt for it.
How To Store Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips
I suggest you keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator after one day, especially when it’s too hot outside. It will probably be risky to keep it at room temperature more than one day during hot summer days. Just take it out about 10 minutes before serving if you don’t like it cold.
Good news for zucchini lovers: You can freeze this chocolate chip zucchini bread and enjoy it in fall or winter when you are bored of pumpkin and need a change. Wrap it tightly and place it in a zip-top bag.
Do you love zucchini bread and want even more recipes? Go check out the recipes below!
Apple Walnut Zucchini Bread Recipe – The View From Great Island
Cheesy Bacon Zucchini Bread – A Family Feast
Vegan Zucchini Bread – Give Recipe
Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Give Recipe
Yogurt Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Give Recipe
If you have a chance to make this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread recipe, I’d love to hear your feedback. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below.Print
Moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
A moist zucchini bread with chocolate chips and walnuts. Perfect breakfast or after-school snack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs, medium
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup kefir
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded but not squeezed
- ½ cup walnuts, crumbled
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, for topping
- Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. To remove the bread easier, butter the botton of the paper too. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar until creamy using an electric mixer.
- Add in vanilla extract, olive oil and kefir. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually pour this into the wet mixture and whisk just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Squeeze the shredded zucchini with your hands and fold it in the batter along with the crumbled walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bak efor 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and top with extra chocolate chips when it’s still hot, placing each of them one by one gently pressing them down.
- Let it cool in the pan for about 30 minutes and then remove.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 18.7g
- Sodium: 211.5mg
- Fat: 22.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 38.5mg
Keywords: zucchini breadi chocolate chip zucchini bread, after-school snack