Moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
A moist zucchini bread with chocolate chips and walnuts. Perfect breakfast or after-school snack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs, medium
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup kefir
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded but not squeezed
- ½ cup walnuts, crumbled
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, for topping
- Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. To remove the bread easier, butter the bottom of the paper too. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar until creamy using an electric mixer.
- Add in vanilla extract, olive oil and kefir. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually pour this into the wet mixture and whisk just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Squeeze the shredded zucchini with your hands and fold it in the batter along with the crumbled walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and top with extra chocolate chips when it’s still hot, placing each of them one by one gently pressing them down.
- Let it cool in the pan for about 30 minutes and then remove.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 18.7g
- Sodium: 211.5mg
- Fat: 22.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 38.5mg
Keywords: zucchini breadi chocolate chip zucchini bread, after-school snack