Melting Moments Cookies are literally melting in your mouth. Cornstarch makes the magic. Very easy to bake with 6 simple ingredients. They make perfect edible gifts!
Have you made your list of cookies for the upcoming celebrations? Melting moments cookies have to take their place in your list! If you are not into making cut-out cookies because it takes time, these are the right cookies for you. They are perfect for cookie exchange parties.
These butter cookies always remind me of my childhood because they were one of my favorite sweets.
Melting Moments Cookies show up at almost every special occasion we celebrate with our family and friends. For one thing, these are so easy to make that even the youngest ones can make. Second, you don’t need many ingredients. You don’t even need to go shopping as I’m pretty sure that you already have all ingredients in your pantry. Well, there is nothing special in the ingredients list indeed. Another reason is that they have the advantage of freezing well. What makes these cookies so good is that they literally melt in your mouth!
Good Melting Moments Cookies must melt in your mouth. That’s what makes these cookies so irresistible. These are so darn good that you can’t stop once you have one.
I can hear you. You wonder what make these cookies that scrumptious and how they can melt in your mouth wonderfully. Well, it’s not the butter. Well, it helps a lot for sure, but another ingredient is the key to make the cookies that wonderful: Cornstarch. It has an incredible effect on these cookies!
This is an easy-to-bake eggless sweet treat that you can serve at five o’clock tea parties. These make perfect edible holiday gifts too. Putting extra powdered sugar in a separate bag in the package will make them even more special.
Why don’t you make these Melting Moments Cookies for holidays this year and give your friends in some nice boxes or bags? I just can’t think of a better gift! If you have enough time and patience and if you want to go a little more fancy, you can make some colorful button cookies, which really look like buttons and surprise your friends.
More Edible Gift Ideas
- Rice Flour Jam Cookies on KurryLeaves
- Brown Sugar Sea Salt Caramels on The Seaside Baker
- Candied Almonds on Uproot from Oregon
- Chocolate Toffee Popcorn on Jelly Toast
- Heart Shaped Mini Cookies on You Too Can Cook
Other Holiday Cookie Recipes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!Print
Melting Moments Cookies
These cookies are literally melting in your mouth! Simple. Easy. Scrumptious!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozens 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until everything is well blended.
- You can do the same steps with your hands too. Just make sure you combine everything well.
- Chill the dough for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make mini balls from the dough and place on the baking sheet leaving about 1-inch space.
- Gently press a fork on the cookies to give them a nice shape. (See the video above)
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar on them.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 17.2 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 13.6 mg
Keywords: melting moments cookies, melting moments recipe