Melting Moments Cookies are literally melting in your mouth. Cornstarch makes the magic. Very easy to bake. They make perfect edible gifts!
Melting Moments Cookies show up at almost every special occasion we celebrate with our family and friends. For one thing, these are so easy to make that even the youngest ones can make. Second, you don’t need many ingredients. You don’t even need to go shopping as I’m pretty sure that you already have all ingredients in your pantry. Well, there is nothing special in the ingredients list indeed. Another reason is that they have the advantage of freezing well. What makes these cookies so good is that they literally melt in your mouth!
Melting Moments Cookies can be found at every Turkish bakery as they are one of those very common cookies here. Not all of them are good though. Some of them are too dense and it’s even hard to eat them without drinking something. Good Melting Moments cookies must melt in your mouth. That’s what makes these cookies so irresistible. These are so darn good that you can’t stop once you have one.
I can hear you. You wonder what make these cookies that scrumptious and how they can melt in your mouth wonderfully. Well, it’s not the butter. Cornstarch is the magical ingredient in these cookies. It has an incredible effect on these cookies! I’m planning to make a chocolate version of these cookies soon and will definitely share the result with you. I’ve made Orange Flour Cookies before and they were amazingly yummy too thanks to cornstarch and orange flavor. I used less butter in them, go check the recipe out if you are after a lighter version.
This is an easy-to-bake eggless sweet treat that you can serve at five o’clock tea parties. These make perfect edible holiday gifts too. Putting extra powdered sugar in a separate bag in the package will make them even more special. Why don’t you make these Melting Moments Cookies for holidays this year and give your friends in some nice boxes? I just can’t think of a better gift! If you have enough time and patience and if you want to go a little more fancy, you can make some colorful Button Cookies, which really look like buttons and surprise your friends.
More edible gift ideas I’d love to try:
Rice Flour Jam Cookies on KurryLeaves
Brown Sugar Sea Salt Caramels on The Seaside Baker
Candied Almonds on Uproot from Oregon
Chocolate Toffee Popcorn on Jelly Toast
Heart Shaped Mini Cookies on You Too Can Cook
Melting Moments Cookies
These cookies are literally melting in your mouth! Simple. Easy. Scrumptious!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozens
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until everything is well blended.
- You can do the same steps with your hands too. Just make sure you combine everything well.
- Chill the dough for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make mini balls from the dough and place on the baking sheet leaving about 1-inch space.
- Gently press a fork on the cookies to give them a nice shape. (See the video above)
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar on them.