Are you still looking for a Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe? How about using olive oil in the dough? These are wonderfully soft and chewy. No overnight chilling is needed.
Everyone has a weakness against chocolate chip cookies as long as they are baked in the right way. I’m not an exception. Plus, I love baking them and trying different type of chocolate chip cookie recipes.
I knew the result would be amazing when I placed the baking sheet in the oven. Who knew the perfect chocolate chip cookies recipe call for olive oil? These cookies are a big hit for special occasions.
To my surprise, I didn’t feel the taste of olive oil in these cookies. They were no different from regular chocolate chip cookies that are chewy and wonderfully soft on the inside. That’s why they absolutely deserve the name Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This is not a butter-free cookie recipe, olive oil is used for half of the fat and the other half is butter. If you are looking for a healthier cookie recipe that is both butter-free and oil-free, check out our chocolate chip yogurt cookies. You’ll see Greek yogurt makes an incredible substitute for butter.
If you are not a fan of olive oil, you can use sunflower seed oil, but the taste is really not noticeable in these cookies.
I used granulated white sugar because it was what I had on hand. I’m sure the cookies would get even chewier with brown sugar, so you might think of using it in this recipe.
More Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- Tahini Sesame Cookies
- Tahini Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
You might also like:
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies with Olive Oil
Wonderfully soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with olive oil and butter combination.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozens 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream sugar, butter and oil until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix untl well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and fold just until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold until just mixed.
- Roll into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and place them on the prepared sheet leaving about 2 inches of space. Put it in the freezer and freeze for about 10 minutes before baking so that they don’t get too flat when baked.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes. They will look underdone, but it’s okay. Don’t worry.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer on a cooling rack until they completely cool down.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 17.1 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, olive oil chocolate chip cookies