This Homemade Strawberry Jam without Pectin will become the star of your breakfast table. You can easily prepare a quick breakfast with it. Butter and jam on toasted bread makes the perfect on the go breakfast. And the recipe is so easy to make. You need only three ingredients.
I have been enjoying fresh strawberries since I saw them for the first time this year in an open market here. They didn't look as red as I expected, so I just thought that they didn’t have any taste, but when I got closer to them, I felt that miraculous scent of strawberries. From then on, I was so fascinated by this scent that I didn’t care if they were inorganic or not. And without any hesitation, I immediately bought 3 pounds, 1 for eating, 2 for making jam.
Have you ever made your own jam? It is a great feeling! Seeing that you can make things way better than stores or restaurants will make you feel like a highly experienced chef. Believe me you will feel proud of yourself when you finish pouring your jam in jars.
I don't love jams much but I accept I have a weakness for Homemade Strawberry Jam. I find the store bought versions too sweet and mushy, so I always prefer making it myself. This recipe is a classic one. Almost all jams are made with this method but you might need to play with the measurement of sugar depending on the sweetness of fruit.
Before transfering your jam to jars, make sure that they are washed and dried well and have new lids. Otherwise, the surface of your jam might go bad soon.
Strawberry jam is my favorite jam and I love it spreading on a slice of bread with a piece of white cheese, on top of pancakes or making a layer of it in a yogurt breakfast parfait. They together balance their sweetness and salinity and make a great choice of breakfast.
More Jam Recipes
You might also like:
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Strawberry Jam Without Pectin
Homemade strawberry jam with three ingredients. No pectin is needed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Preserving
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 2 pounds sugar
- Half lemon, juice only
- Wash the strawberries very well changing the water in the bowl several times.
- There shouldn’t be any sand or soil left. Cut their stems and put them in a pot.
- Then add sugar on it. Put its lid on and wait these strawberries for a day.
- After a day, there should be no sugar, all melted and strawberries should release their juice and should be floating.
- Now you can take this pot on medium heat and boil it for about 45 minutes. It will get denser.Take the floams with a slotted spoon.
- You can check if it’s done or not by dropping some on a plate. If it sticks and doesn’t flow easily when you turn the plate upside down, it’s done.
- Then add lemon juice and bring it to boil a few times. Then you can pour the jam in glass jars and let it cool.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 3806
- Sugar: 950.3 g
- Sodium: 18.4 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 978.3 g
- Fiber: 18.2 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade strawberry jam, how to make strawberry jam, strawberry jam without pectin