Greek Yogurt Strawberry Cupcakes are loaded with fresh strawberries, so they are wonderfully moist and tasty. These are definitely not one of those cupcakes that are creamy on the top yet dry on the bottom. These are almost like your favorite strawberry birthday cake. Good news! This is an easy strawberry cupcake recipe, so you don’t need to worry about your baking skills.
We are officially in strawberry season and I’ve been adding them in almost everything I make these days. In salads, on French Toasts, pancakes, in tarts or pies and even in drinks like Strawberry Lime Champagne. With its lovely red color and mesmerizing smell, strawberries make me feel really joyful. I think they are the ultimate symbol of spring all around the world.
If you haven’t made anything with strawberries this year yet, let these Greek yogurt strawberry cupcakes be the first. You can easily get anyone’s admiration with this recipe. If you are looking for a way to atract one’s attention, just give this recipe a try. They will love the moistness. This is also a strawberry cupcake recipe for kids but I must warn you that your kids will start to gobble them up even before you frost them, so make these when kids are not around. I made them at night when our almost 3-year-old son was sleeping. If you want to leave them as strawberry muffins, then I have an advice: When you fill the muffin liners with the batter, top them with some chopped fresh strawberries before putting them into oven. They have a nicer look this way.
So what makes these cupcakes wonderfully moist? Fresh strawberry chunks inside and Greek yogurt in the batter help the moistness a lot. These already taste so good even without the frosting but I highly recommend you not to leave it out as it takes the cakes to the next level. Drizzle of strawberry jam is not optional, either. It gives a very nice freshness on the cream cheese buttercream. I used my Homemade Strawberry Jam but you can use store bought if you haven’t made your own jam yet. Or you can make a quick Strawberry Sauce yourself.Print
Greek Yogurt Strawberry Cupcakes
Greek Yogurt Strawberry Cupcakes. Loaded with fresh strawberries. Topped with a Greek yogurt and buttercream frosting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 and ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberried, dusted with flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Strawberry jam to drizzle over cupcakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175C). Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar. Add in Greek yogurt and olive oil and combine well.
- Whisk dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Fold in the strawberries. Don’t overbeat, stir a few times until they are slightly covered.
- Share the batter into liners, filling ¾ of them and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It could be just slightly sticky because of the moistness of strawberries inside.
- Transfer the pan onto a rack and wait for 5. Remove the cupcakes and let them cool on the rack completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, whisk together the cream cheese, butter and Greek yogurt. Add in the sugar on low speed. Mix until smooth. Beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes and drizzle over some strawberry jam right before serving.
Keywords: strawberry cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting