These Sweet Crepes can easily turn your breakfast to a feast. Are you saying you are not a breakfast person? Believe me you can’t say ‘no’ to breakfast with these festive looking crepes. Even early in the morning!
These breakfast crepes filled with jam can be served either at breakfast or as a dessert in the afternoon. I can hear some of you asking “Why not for dinner?”
If you’re following this blog for some time, you know how much I love to have breakfast. When I say breakfast, it’s absolutely not a bowl of cornflakes or a sandwich. I can’t think of breakfast without a form of eggs; boiled, scrambled, poached. I am on cloud nine if I have a fluffy cheese omelet.
Our typical breakfast has mainly cheeses of various kinds, black and green olives, jams, honey, butter, egg, tomato and cucumber. We generally try to prepare something special when we have enough time to spend time at breakfast table enjoying the food and talking on how we spend the week or planning what to do on that day.
Sweet crepes filled with jam are one of these special foods that we have at big Sunday breakfasts. I mostly wake up early thanks to our 3-year-old precious son and have enough time to prepare an attractive breakfast table. As he loves to eat crepes, it’s like a tradition in our home to have crepes in the morning. He asks for either crepes or pancakes even on the weekdays.
I don’t know why but unlike pancakes, sweet crepes are very common in Turkish cuisine although they are originally from French cuisine. And we love to fill and roll them up. We sometimes make gluten-free crepes with rice flour too.
If you are not an early morning person and don’t want to spend time making crepes in the morning, you can just make them a day before and keep them in the refrigerator till morning.
You can serve crepes as they are and leave the filling to your guests. Or you can make dessert crepes filled with homemade strawberry jam, roll them up and dust a little with powdered sugar right before serving. We use this jam when making breakfast parfait too.
Jam Recipes For Topping
More Breakfast Recipes
- Egg Free Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Almond Milk Pancakes
- Yogurt Pancakes
- Cheese Pancakes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Sweet Crepes With Jam
Crepes Filled with Jam can easily turn your breakfast to a feast. Believe me you can’t say ‘no’ to breakfast with these festive looking crepes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- Butter to fry (½ teaspoon for each crepe)
- Jam of any kind
- Beat egg and milk.
- Add in a pinch of salt.
- Add in flour little by little until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Using a brush, coat it with oil or butter and heat it. Make sure the bottom of the pan is well coated.
- Take some batter with a small ladle and pour it in the center of the pan. Just pour one ladle each time and turn the pan around itself to spread the batter and fry it over medium high heat. You must be quick while doing these steps.
- Flip it up after about 1 minute with a spatula and fry the other side about 1 minute. Take it on a plate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and butter the pan again and continue with another crepe, repeating the same steps until you finish the batter. Don’t forget to put ½ tsp butter in the pan each time.
- Fill them with various jams and roll them up.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 11.6 g
- Sodium: 74.5 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.2 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 87.6 mg
Keywords: sweet crepes, dessert crepes, breakfast crepes, crepes with jam