These Banana Yogurt Pancakes are light and fluffy. They are packed with sweet banana flavor, so no need for an extra sweetener. Serve these easy banana pancakes with berries for a wonderful start in the morning.
If you are a breakfast person like me, I’m sure these yogurt pancakes will become one of your favorite foods. Nobody could be happier than me in the morning when I have a plate of fluffy pancakes topped with syrup and accompanied by berries and a soft boiled egg. How about spoiling yourself a bit more? You will be amazed by the combination of these pancakes with a little chocolate and extra banana slices on your plate.
Have you ever tried a pancake recipe with yogurt? It gives a nice touch of tartness and adds extra protein to your pancakes. I know Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes are quite popular and although we love them too, yogurt pancakes are the top-rated one in our home. There is always a big pot of Homemade Turkish Yogurt in the fridge, which results in several plain yogurt recipes on the blog. From Lamb Shish Kabob to Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies. Hope you love these recipes as much as we do.
These Banana Yogurt Pancakes are perfect not only for breakfast, but they can also make amazing dessert too. The only thing they need is your favorite ice cream and more berries. If you don’t have much time to prepare a yummy cake, a nice stack of pancakes with ice cream topping would satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth perfectly.
How To Make Banana Yogurt Pancakes
It is an easy to make recipe. First whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mash the banana in a medium bowl, add in the egg, oil and yogurt. Mix until smooth and pour it into the dry mixture.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and drop the batter into the skillet using an ice cream scoop. Cook until you see bubbles. Flip them over and cook for another minute. Add a little oil before cooking another batch. If the skillet is too hot, remove it from the heat for a minute and then continue.
If you want to give them a perfect circular shape, use a cookie cutter or a glass and cut the cooked pancakes before serving.
Are you allergic to dairy products? No worries. You can still have great pancakes for breakfast. Go check out our Pancake Recipe Almond Milk!
How to Make Fluffy Pancakes
These pancakes are perfectly fluffy with the help of yogurt and baking soda, but there a few more tips to make your pancakes fluffy each time.
For one thing, you need to be careful about the heat. It is one of the key points when making fluffy pancakes. Pancakes won’t rise if the heat is too low. They are likely to burn if it is too high even before their inside cooks. Medium-low heat is the best. If the skillet gets too hot after cooking the first batch, remove it from the heat for a minute and then put it back over medium-low heat to continue cooking the remaining batter.
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Like
- Pancake Recipe No Eggs
- Banana Pancake Recipe Healthy
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Curd Pancakes
- Pancakes With Caramel
Banana Yogurt Pancakes
Banana Yogurt Pancakes packed with sweet banana flavor, so no need for an extra sweetener. Serve these easy banana pancakes with berries for a wonderful start in the morning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons extra oil for coating the skillet
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana using a fork. Add in the egg, yogurt and oil and whisk until smooth. Pour the wet mixture in the dry mixture and stir with a spatula. Don’t overmix.
- Brush the bottom of a non-stick skillet with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Heat it over medium low heat.
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop batter into the skillet. Cook until you see bubbles, about one minute or so.
- Flip them over and cook the other side for another minute. Transfer them on a plate. You can cook 4 or 5 pancakes at a time. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- To give them a circular shape, cut the pancakes with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- You can serve these pancakes with banana slices, berries, chocolate and soft boiled egg on the side.
Keywords: banana pancakes, healthy pancakes