These Yogurt Pancakes are light and fluffy. They are packed with sweet banana flavor, so no need for an extra sweetener. Serve these easy banana pancakes with berries for a wonderful start in the morning.
Are you allergic to dairy products? No worries. You can still have great pancakes for breakfast. Go check out our pancake recipe with almond milk! Want a vegan option? Go check out our fluffy vegan buttermilk pancakes!
If you are a breakfast person like me, I’m sure these yogurt pancakes will become one of your favorite foods. Nobody could be happier than me in the morning when I have a plate of fluffy pancakes topped with syrup and accompanied by berries and a soft boiled egg. How about spoiling yourself a bit more? You will be amazed by the combination of these pancakes with a little chocolate and extra banana slices on your plate.
Have you ever tried a pancake recipe with yogurt? It gives a nice touch of tartness and adds extra protein to your pancakes. There is always a big pot of homemade Turkish yogurt in the fridge, which results in several plain yogurt recipes on the blog.
If you don’t have much time to prepare a yummy cake, a nice stack of pancakes with ice cream and jam topping would satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth perfectly.
How To Make
It is an easy to make recipe. First whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mash the banana in a medium bowl, add in the egg, oil and yogurt. Mix until smooth and pour it into the dry mixture.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and drop the batter into the skillet using an ice cream scoop. Cook until you see bubbles. Flip them over and cook for another minute. Add a little oil before cooking another batch. If the skillet is too hot, remove it from the heat for a minute and then continue.
If you want to give them a perfect circular shape, use a cookie cutter or a glass and cut the cooked pancakes before serving.
Tips For Fluffy Pancakes
These pancakes are perfectly fluffy with the help of yogurt and baking soda, but there a few more tips to make your pancakes fluffy each time.
For one thing, you need to be careful about the heat. It is one of the key points when making fluffy pancakes. Pancakes won’t rise if the heat is too low. They are likely to burn if it is too high even before their inside cooks. Medium-low heat is the best. If the skillet gets too hot after cooking the first batch, remove it from the heat for a minute and then put it back over medium-low heat to continue cooking the remaining batter.
Other Pancake Recipes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Banana Yogurt Pancakes packed with sweet banana flavor, so no need for an extra sweetener. Serve these easy banana pancakes with berries for a wonderful start in the morning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons extra oil for coating the skillet
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana using a fork. Add in the egg, yogurt and oil and whisk until smooth. Pour the wet mixture in the dry mixture and stir with a spatula. Don’t overmix.
- Brush the bottom of a non-stick skillet with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Heat it over medium low heat.
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop batter into the skillet. Cook until you see bubbles, about one minute or so.
- Flip them over and cook the other side for another minute. Transfer them on a plate. You can cook 4 or 5 pancakes at a time. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- To give them a circular shape, cut the pancakes with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- You can serve these pancakes with banana slices, berries, chocolate and soft boiled egg on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 328.9 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 18.2 mg
Keywords: banana pancakes, healthy pancakes