Can you make pancakes without eggs? Oh, hell yeah! These super easy, light and Fluffy Egg Free Pancakes have flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, oil and butter. But NO EGGS! They don’t have any egg substitutes, either. And they are exactly as delicious and fluffy as regular pancakes!
This eggless pancake recipe came out of our occasional laziness. One Sunday morning, we wanted to have pancakes for breakfast even though we realized there were no eggs left. You know it’s a breakfast occasion for us at the weekends and we make a variety of pancakes.
We sometimes make dairy free pancakes, and they have already become one of our readers' favorites. So why not try egg free pancakes this time?
I had already come across some pancake recipes without eggs on the internet before so I thought this was the best time to give it a go. To my surprise, they came out so good! If not better than all the pancakes I’ve made before. Lesson learnt: It is possible to make delicious and fluffy pancakes with no eggs.
Is This Pancake Recipe Vegan?
No. But you can make them vegan very easily. Already with no eggs, this recipe can be also dairy-free if you replace the regular milk with coconut milk or another plant-based milk such as almond milk, hazelnut milk or oat milk. You can make your own almond buttermilk and use it in this recipe. Even water will work great.
As for the butter in the batter, you can leave it out and increase the amount of oil you use. And you end up with perfect dairy free egg free pancakes!
Alternatively, go check out our super fluffy almond buttermilk pancakes and make them!
Why We Like This Recipe
- They are DELICIOUS and so fluffy, which makes them very fun to eat. It is actually very difficult to tell the difference from pancakes with eggs.
- Plus, they do not have the subtle smell of eggs, which some people find very irritating.
- Containing little sugar and a mixture of white flour and whole wheat flour, these pancakes are healthier too.
How to Make
These pancakes are very easy to make. We have three fast parts:
First, melt butter and put it aside so that it cools a bit. You don’t need to wash the pan as you will cook the pancakes right in the same pan.
Second, prepare the batter. Take a medium size bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. You can always take out sugar from the recipe if you think maple syrup or honey on the top will be enough to sweeten the pancakes.
Add in milk, oil and melted butter. Now whisk the ingredients you put together just until everything is combined.
Make sure you don’t over mix. You should leave it slightly lumpy, otherwise your pancakes will turn out to be hard and dense.
Then you can fold in chocolate chips.
Third, cook the pancakes. Heat the same pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan for per pancake. This way your pancakes will have almost equal sizes. Put just a little bit olive oil in the cup and the dough will remove easier. Otherwise, the batter might stick in the cup. Slightly press on them with a spatula. If your pan is big enough, you can cook more than one pancake at the same time. Cook for 2 minutes.
Flip them over and cook the other side until golden.
You can garnish the pancakes with your favorite fruit. A drizzle of maple syrup or agave will be the final delicious touch and it is ready to serve.
How To Enrich The Flavor
To enrich the flavor, we use cinnamon because we all LOVE it. Also, we use chocolate chips for some chocolate flavor. The amount of these are totally up to you.
It is very easy to enrich the flavor of egg free pancakes. You have some ripe bananas about to go bad? Bring them on and make banana pancakes without eggs. Pumpkin is another nutritious ingredient you can add in your pancakes to have a richer flavor. All you need to do is to add whatever ingredient you want in the batter before cooking them in the pan.
- Sometimes the pancake looks golden outside but when you take it, you realize it hasn’t cooked all the way through. It is probably because the heat is too much. Then lower the heat. Another reason for that undesired result is that your batter might be too thick. Making the batter thinner with a bit of milk of your choice or water will also work to solve this problem.
- The batter might spread too much in the pan. Don’t worry. Just add more flour in the batter and whisk them together before pouring into the pan. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, then add in a bit more milk or water in the batter.
- If you sprinkle a few drops of water in the pan, you can understand if the skillet is hot enough to pour the batter. If the heat is hot enough, the water drops will skitter around.
Start the day tomorrow with light, fluffy, yummy egg free pancakes. Try this recipe even if you have enough eggs on hand. They will be your favorite breakfast treat.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Fluffy Egg Free Pancakes
Fluffy pancakes made without eggs, flavored with cinnamon and chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add in milk, oil and melted butter. Whisk just until everything is combined. Don’t over mix. Leave it slightly lumpy.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan for per pancake. Slightly press on it with a spatula.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Flip them over and cook the other side until golden.
- Garnish with your favorite fruit.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or agave.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 16.9 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 8.8 mg
Keywords: egg free pancakes, eggless pancakes, egg free pancake recipe, eggless pancake recipe, pancake recipe no eggs