French Toast Sandwiches stuffed with mozzarella and bacon is the shortcut to heaven. Nothing can go wrong when combined with melty mozzarella and bacon. When you put these between two slices of fluffy French toasts, they will lead you to somewhere out of earth. Just take a bite and close your eyes to have this amazing experience.
You can fill your French Toast Sandwiches with anything you like. As this is the first time we’ve made these, we wanted to go with two basic foods: mozzarella and bacon. Although we make French toasts quite often, especially for big Sunday breakfasts, making the sandwich version was something new for us. Oh and how I feel regretful now for all those past mornings I had without these amazingly tasty guys.
These French Toast Sandwiches are so good that we’ve been making them for lunch for three days. These make one of the quickest and yummiest lunches, so don’t limit yourself just with mornings. You can have these at any time of the day, even as a snack at midnight to spoil yourself once in a blue moon. Although they taste the best when they are hot, I like them cold too. So I think these can be put into lunch boxes too.
French Toast Sandwiches are one of those crowd pleasing treats, so just make these when you invite friends for breakfast. Admiration guaranteed! The only thing you might have difficulty is the pan you are using if it’s not big enough. I suggest using two pans if you are making these for more than 4 people. And make sure you make 2 sandwiches per person because they will definitely ask for the second.
You just need an egg based batter to dip the sandwich bread slices, mozzarella, bacon and butter. Dip the bread slices into the egg batter, but don’t leave them there so long, otherwise they get mushy. Just let them get coated with the batter. Take the slices on a plate and place mozzarella and bacon between two of them. Gently press on them and put into the hot and buttered pan. Repeat for other slices and fry over the lowest heat until they get golden on both sides and the cheese melts.
Other Sandwich Recipes You Might Like
- Avocado And Tuna Sandwich
- Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
- Egg Sandwich Without Mayo
- Feta Cheese Sandwich
- Spinach Sandwich
- Avocado Turkey Sandwich
French Toast Sandwiches
Heavenly French toast sandwiches stuffed with mozzarella and bacon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices of sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, for the pan
- 8 slices of bacon, fried or baked
- 4 big slices of fresh mozzarella
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt in a large, shalow dish.
- Soak slices of bread into the egg mixture, let them get coated well with it.
- Transfer onto a plate and prepare the sandwiches. Put one mozzarella slices and two slices fried bacon in between two soaked bread slices. Repeat this for all bread slices.
- Heat a pan over meidum high heat and melt butter in it. Fry the sandwiches, slightly pressing them down over the lowest heat until they get golden on both sides; 3-4 minutes each side and serve.
Keywords: french toast sandwich, french toast sandwiches