The Joy Of A Fish On A Green Bed
Well, you might ask how a fish can get joyful. As you see it in the picture, it is lying on a very relaxing bed. Chard and scallions provide it this comfort and it becomes a very peaceful cooking. We are already in fish season, so we start to have fish in different versions once or twice a week. We cook it either in oven or in a cast iron pan.
We are lucky enough to have a market selling fresh fish on our street. As we go there quite often, we become like friends with the vendors and they always tell us which fish is the freshest on that day. They alwyas clean the fish we buy and ask how we will cook it. If it is a kind of big fish, they ask if we want it in fillets or whole. After all these, don’t you think they deserve some tip? They absolutely do! It’s a tradition of us in Turkey to leave tip if you ask the vendor to clean your fish. They generally have a small plastic box on their counter so that you can leave the change in it.
Here is the recipe we learnt from our friend Erkin, who we consider as a fish expert. I gurantee you will become addicted to it! This is also a great dish if you have guests for dinner. It is very easy too!
We even cover them with a chard blanket, you see?Print
Fish With Chard
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 sea basses, cleaned
- ½ bunch of scallions, chopped randomly
- ¼ bunch of chard
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 potato, sliced
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Drizzle a little olive oil in pan. Place chard leaves in it.
- Throw chopped scallions on them.
- Rub the fish with salt. Don’t forget the inside of them.
- Place sea basses on scallions.
- Toss potatoes and garlic in pan.
- Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper.
- Add the rest of the olive oil.
- Cover the pan and cook it over low heat about 30 minutes until tender.
- Serve it with a large bowl of freh green salad!