Spicy Pumpkin Hummus is a perfect appetizer for your fall parties. I can proudly say that this is the best hummus I’ve ever made. We love the subtle pumpkin taste in our regular hummus. Plus it has got a super food that nobody can notice.
So what’s this super food? You might have guessed it when you see the amazing yellow colour in the photos here. It is turmeric. I know I should consider its health benefits when using it in my recipes, but to tell you the truth I use it for its colour. I’m in love with that beautiful yellow colour and love to use it as a natural food colouring. I think it makes everything more attractive. Can you think of a better colour than this that fits the season fall? Have you seen the Turmeric Poppy Seed Dressing I made last week? It is another great recipe to ‘hide’ this beautiful spice.
When making this perfect fall hummus recipe for the first time, I wasn’t 100% sure about the result. My parents were with us too and I was a bit nervous as mom is very good at making traditional Turkish hummus that is creamy and served with chili powdered hot olive oil drizzle.
I’m always in search for new tastes and new combination of everyday ingredients. And I created the recipe for Pistachio Pesto Hummus for the exact same reason.
The only spice in our traditional hummus recipe is cumin. In this one, I used turmeric and chili powder besides it. Although I call the recipe Spicy Pumpkin Hummus, neither the flavours of spices nor the pumpkin taste is very strong. This is the perfect side of this hummus.
Thankfully, mom and dad gobbled it up and asked me to make it again for the next 2 days.
This Spicy Pumpkin Hummus is a perfect vegan snack that you can enjoy with chips. I love it with carrot or cucumber sticks too.
MORE HUMMUS RECIPES
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
- Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
- Roasted Beet Hummus Recipe
- Hard Boiled Eggs With Hummus
- Hummus Recipe Without Tahini
- Simple Authentic Hummus Recipe
- Pistachio Pesto Hummus Recipe
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Muffins
- Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips
Spicy Pumpkin Hummus
A perfect vegan snack that you can serve at fall parties.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas(garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree(not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup chickpea water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor except chickpea water. Puree until everything is combined well. Stir with a spatula. (See the video)
- Add the chickpea water and puree until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan. Add in chili powder and remove from the heat. Drizzle directly over the hummus before serving.
If you want a thicker hummus, use half of the chickpea water.
Keywords: pumpkin hummus, hummus with pumpkin