Pumpkin Yogurt Cake is the result of a perfect combination of pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt. Wonderfully moist and light with an amazing colour. This will be your ultimate cake in fall.
Pumpkin Yogurt Cake is another recipe that shows my pumpkin obsession these days. And I can honestly say that I don’t have any problem with my pumpkin craziness since I do love baking with it. Everything started after I made Fresh Pumpkin Puree. It is so good and I love its flavour and vibrant colour so much that I can put it in anything you can imagine. I’ve made pancakes, cornbread, cookies and chocolate chip bread using this puree so far. And I made a classic yogurt cake with a pumpkin twist this time. The next thing I’m planning to try is pumpkin yogurt muffins. Will definitely share it here if I’m successful.
I served this Pumpkin Yogurt Cake with a caramel glaze, which perfectly matches with the pumpkin flavour. For me there are some ingredients that go wonderfully with pumpkin. And caramel is one of these. The others are chocolate and spices like cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and nutmeg. So I’m mostly pairing pumpkin with these if I’m making something sweet.
Back to this divine pumpkin bundt cake, the first word I can use to describe it is soft, fluffy or airy. Well, you get the idea, almost melting in your mouth. And it is super moist due to the pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt inside it. I’d love to thank Chungah of Damn Delicious for her recipe, Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Glaze. This is absolutely a wonderful fall cake, so good that I want to make it any time of the year; just as she suggests. I just slightly changed her recipe. Firstly, I reduced the amount of sugar, if you like your cake very sweet, use ¾ cup sugar.
Also, I excluded the pumpkin glaze from her recipe and I simply used caramel sauce instead. You can use whatever glaze you like. If you aren’t sure what to make as a dessert for Thanksgiving, try this Pumpkin Yogurt Cake and watch how it is gone in seconds.
More cake recipes using yogurt I’d love to try:
Easy Lemon Cake on Orgasmic Chef
Banana Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake on I Heart Eating
Gluten Free Turkish Fig and Yogurt Cake on Fearless Dining
Eggless Butterless Vanilla Sponge Cake on Nitha’s Kitchen
Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Lemon Coffee Cake on Lovely Little Kitchen
Wonderfully moist and light bundt cake with pumpkin puree and greek yogurt.
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling) (See the video above)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Caramel sauce for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175C).
- Butter a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and vanilla powder.
- In a seperate bowl, beat butter and sugar for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix until well combined.
- Whisk in pumpkin and yogurt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan on a wire rack.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the cake right before serving.
You can glaze your cake with a simple chocolate ganache if you like the pumpkin and chocolate combo.