These Roasted Chicken Pieces are simple and so easy to make. Coated with olive oil, seasoned with salt and black pepper, flavored with garlic and rosemary. Prepare these in 5 minutes and forget them in the oven for about 50 minutes.
This is a super easy recipe for baked chicken pieces. They are flavored with rosemary and garlic to make the best comforting weeknight dinner. We have these whenever I feel lazy and don’t want to do a lot of work but still want to serve my family good food. What do you do when you feel the same? Order from a fast food restaurant? You really don’t need it! The only thing you need for these succulent oven baked chicken parts is some time. Unlike our sweet-savory Sticky Chicken Wings which are cooked on the stove, you don’t have to watch them close in the kitchen. You can lie down and dream about the most succulent golden brown roasted chicken pieces you will have in the end.
Making Roasted Chicken Pieces in Oven
This is a recipe that requires a 50-minute baking in oven; 30 minutes at high heat and 20 minutes at medium heat. I’m not talking about any cooking skills here because you almost do nothing to roast chicken parts. This is a put in the oven and forget about it for some time kind of recipe.
First, remove the excess fat from chicken pieces and pat them dry with paper towel.
Second, sprinkle salt and black pepper and pour a little olive oil on each side. Massage them well. See it in the video below please.
Third, preheat the oven to 410F (210C).
Fourth, oil a baking pan and place the chicken pieces in a single layer. If you use chicken parts with skin, place the skin sides up. Throw rosemary leaves and garlic cloves over them. Bake for 30 minutes.
Fifth, lower the heat to 375F (190C) and bake for another 20 minutes.
Finally, remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil until serving time. The roasted chicken pieces will be wonderfully moist inside with a crispy golden brown outside.
How Long To Bake Chicken Thighs and Other Pieces at 375F?
It is better to start baking at a high heat like 410F. You will end up with a nice golden color with this initial baking. Then continue baking at 375F for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. Check it after 20 minutes using a knife. If they are tender enough and the juice is no longer pink, it’s done.
What Type of Chicken Parts For This Recipe?
This is one of the best whole cut up chicken recipes because it is quite straightforward. You can buy a whole chicken and have your butcher cut them up for you. As a result, it gets way easier than working with a whole chicken. We either make these easy roast chicken pieces or Tomato Chicken Rice Soup with the pieces.
I often use chicken thighs, legs and wings for this recipe and include breasts only when we have a whole chicken because you know chicken breasts are not as juicy. Making a few marks on breasts with a sharp knife really prevents drying and helps them absorb the flavors better.
This is a recipe every mom should know. Believe it or not your family will adore you even more when they see these amazing roasted chicken pieces at dinner table. You can proudly watch them gobbling down the pieces and licking their fingers. Visualize this in your mind. This is what every mom wants in their homes, right? With no hard work at all!
Notes About Easy Roast Chicken Pieces Recipe:
- I suggest you not to remove the skin from the chicken pieces even if you don’t like eating that part. It prevents the chicken pieces from drying while they are in oven. Also it gives a nice flavor. Fat is not always bad.
- If you don’t have rosemary or garlic on hand, just leave them out. I love them baked in chicken fat, that’s why I add a lot. But the chicken pieces are still tasty without these. Garlic is something I just can’t live without, so I always tend to add when baking chicken, lamb or vegetables. Garlic is good. Add it to this simple roast chicken pieces recipe!
Want more chicken recipes? Check the following recipes out!
Roasted Chicken Pieces Recipe VideoPrint
Simple Roasted Chicken
Just as the name suggests, chicken thighs simply roasted in oven.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 cloves garlic
- Rosemary leaves
- Preheat oven to 410F (210C).
- Pat the chicken thighs with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper over each.
- Drizzle olive oil over them and rub well.
- Place thighs in a baking pan. Toss rosemary leaves and garlic in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375F (190C) and bake for 20 minutes more until tender when poked with a knife.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil until serving time.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves when serving.
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 1448.2mg
- Fat: 19.4g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Protein: 59.4g
- Cholesterol: 280.1mg
Keywords: chicken parts, roasted chicken pieces, baked chicken pieces
The recipe was originally posted in 2014 and has been updated today.