Orange Vodka Martini is the perfect cocktail to celebrate spring. Today it really looks like spring outside and finally there is no sign of winter. We’ve missed such sunny and bright days so much and have been waiting for it since March. I was almost hopeless when we witnessed snow in the morning just a week ago. Hopefully, the temprature will continue going up. This means celebration in our home, which means making cocktails. You will feel spring in your tastebuds with this fantastic orange based cocktail.
Ready to toast this lovely spring? If you want an alcohol-free cocktail, you can make a Perfect Strawberry Lemonade but I think celebration calls for something beyond it, which will cheer you up more. After a long freezing winter, we deserve to see blossoms on trees, flowers and smiling people around us. Winter lasted too long this year and I can’t imagine a world with winter all year. Finally we can say goodbye to snow, cold, dark clouds and thick clothes. Let’s have a farewell party for winter with this fancy looking homemade Orange Vodka Martini.
Although orange is known as a winter fruit, I think it’s better when eaten cold in spring or summer as it gives you an amazing refreshment, which we need in warm and hot weather. It gets even better in a cocktail like this one in the late afternoon before dinner.
You can prepare martini in various ways, by using either gin or vodka. The rest is completely up to your taste. You can simply make a classic martini by combining gin, vermouth and some cracked ice or you can create your own martini with your own touch. Cocktails should have some more aromas with an elegant look for me, so I always add some fruit. I’m always open to new ideas about cocktail recipes, so I’m just intrigued by Chili Martini and I wil definitely try it next time. No matter how you love your martini, it must be very cold. So don’t forget to chill your martini glasses in the freezer about half an hour before serving.
Come on! Run to the kitchen right now to prepare Orange Vodka Martini to welcome spring! Cheers!Print
Orange Vodka Martini
A wonderful orange based cocktail to welcome spring.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 oz simple syrup*
To rim the glass:
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 2 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Mound coarse sugar and orange zest on a small plate. Mix with your two fingers, gently pressing on it so that the sugar absorbs the color and flavor of the zest.
- Rub around the rim of the martini glass with a lemon or orange wedge to moisten it. And roll the rim of the glass on the zesty sugar. Set aside.
- Put all ingredients except sugar and orange zest into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until the mixture is icy cold, about 15-20 seconds.
- Strain into chilled martini glasses and serve immediately.
* You can easily prepare simple syrup at home.In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar (or 1 cup if you like it sweeter) and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Let the sugar dissolve. Remove from heat and cool. It’s ready to use in cocktails now.