Chocolate Yogurt Muffins will satisfy your chocolate muffin craving and warm your heart on a chilly fall day. If you are a quick breakfast person, these muffins will definitely be a perfect morning treat for you. These make wonderful dessert too! I can proudly say that these are great at any time of the day.
Some readers might realize that I’ve been trying recipes with yogurt and have been amazed by all the results so far. It definitely makes things moister and lighter, which is something everyone wants. So I guess I’ll be using it even more in my baking.
Chocolate Fudge Yogurt Cookies and Pumpkin Yogurt Cake are still hit in our home and among our guests, but I wanted to try something different this time. That’s the reason why I wanted to make these Chocolate Yogurt Muffins.
These muffins are for chocolate lovers as I used both cocoa powder and chocolate chips in them. If you are planning to have these at breakfast, spread a little nutella or peanut butter on their top and enjoy more.
The chocolate chips inside and on the top make them even more chocolaty and rich. The outside of these Chocolate Yogurt Muffins is slightly chewy but the inside is soft and fluffy thanks to yogurt. I used plain homemade yogurt in them, so it was a little watery. If you use store bought yogurt, you might need to change the measurement and add some mik because it is thicker. I guess ½ cup yogurt and ½ cup milk will be ok.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!Print
Chocolate Yogurt Muffins
Light chocolate muffins made with yogurt.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 and ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F (175F). Line a muffin pan with liners. I used Jumbo pan and 6 liners.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, milk and oil until combined.
- Gradually sift the flour mixture into egg mixture and whisk. Don’t overmix, just until everything is blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill the liners ¾ way full with the batter and top with a few additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for Jumbo muffins. Reduce the time for smaller muffins and check with a toothpick test.
- Let them cool for about 15 minutes before removing. Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Sift a little powdered sugar when serving if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 581
- Sugar: 52.6 g
- Sodium: 421 mg
- Fat: 23.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 86 g
- Protein: 11.7 g
- Cholesterol: 37.2 mg
Keywords: chocolate yogurt muffins, chocolate yogurt muffin recipe