Do you have very ripe bananas waiting for someone in the family to eat them one day? You might think they don’t look appealing and you might even think about throwing them away. It will be a very big mistake if you do so. Save your very ripe bananas for this amazing chocolaty Marbled Banana Bread and you will apologize to those bananas for underestimating their power of stimulating your taste buds!
Banana is not a very cheap fruit here in Turkey and they have discounts only when they are very ripe. I find it quite ironic since they taste much better when they are that ripe. You can create scrumptious cakes or breads with ripe bananas .
The riper the bananas, the tastier the cake. Most people don’t know this culinary secret and they don’t show any interest in the bananas on sale. I know they don’t look good at the market stand. On the other hand, I know they make a super moist marbled banana bread, so I never miss the discount!
Although I’m in love with the scent of banana, I don’t like eating it much. Fruit must be juicy for me. But I do love this chocolate marbled banana bread that is full of banana flavor. I used real chocolate, not cocoa powder to make the marble. I swirled melted chocolate gently in the batter with a fork after pouring it into the pan so that the batter gives chocolate in every bite.
It’s optional, but highly recommended to top your marbled banana bread with chocolate ganache to double your pleasure. It’s not a heavy cake, so don’t afraid of topping it with extra chocolate.
I took it to the school and my colleagues devoured it early in the morning. They said that they loved how soft and moist it is. They had the feeling of a wonderful moist chocolate cake loaded with a lovely banana flavour. I think the chocolate inside and on the top compliments the banana flavor very well.
Just after making this wonderful banana bread, I saw the healthy Whole Wheat Oatmeal Applesauce Banana Bread by Monique of Ambitious Kitchen and got intrigued. I will definitely be trying this vegan-friendly banana bread soon.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 and ½ cup)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup strained yogurt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl over boiling water and let it cool down.
- Mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer until it’s crumbly.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add eggs, one each time and mix.
- Stir in strained yogurt and mix until combined well.
- Mix flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a seperate bowl and combine it with the wet ingredients.
- Take 1 cup of the batter and mix it with melted chocolate.
- Line your pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into it.
- Pour the chocolate batter over it and swirl gently into the batter with a fork.
- Bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl over boiling water.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until it boils and combine with the melted chocolate.
- Pour over the completely cooled banana bread and wait for about half an hour before serving.