Do you like having pickled cabbage as a side dish with your favorite main dish? Pickled veggies are generally prefered with stews in our cuisine. The most common dish paired with pickles is beans with meat, but I can eat them with anything, even plain. You already know my love of pickles.
You love pickles, but don’t you have time to make some? I have a great recipe of pickled cabbage for you which will be ready in 10 minutes! This is another dish from my childhood. Mom would make this easy pickled cabbage whenever she made cabbage rolls. You know the thick parts of cabbage are cut when making rolls, so are we going to waste these cut parts? No way! I don’t know if this is something created by mom or if all women make it in the same way. But I’m sure you will love it. Of course you don’t need to make cabbage rolls first to make this pickled cabbage. You can just make it from a whole cabbage too.
Kolay Lahana Tursusu
- ½ head cabbage
- water to boil
- 1 lemon
- red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Put some water in a lare pot.
- Cut cabbage in big pieces roughly.
- When water boils, put cabbage into this boiling water.
- Stir a few times and take it from fire after 3 or 4 minutes and drain.
- Wash it with cold water and put aside.
- Mix lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Pour this on cabbage and combine well.
- Your pickled cabbage is ready!
Isn’t it so easy?