Zucchini Cinnamon Apple Muffins are so moist due to zucchini, apple puree and yogurt. Cinnamon sugar topping makes a great twist on these! Perfect for fall baking.
Zucchini Cinnamon Apple Muffins are most probably the last recipe with fresh zucchini on GiveRecipe this year. Zucchini is such a wonderful veggie that it’s really hard for me to leave it. That’s why I’m still cooking and baking with late-summer zucchini even in fall. Have you seen my Creamy Zucchini Soup yet? It matches perfectly with the chilly weather outside. You can’t find good zucchini at the market after September, so make it before the month ends!
You know apple is one of the great fall fruit and I will be using it in my recipes quite often until winter. Chocolate and Yogurt Zucchini Bread is loved so much by our readers and I hope you like these Zucchini Cinnamon Apple Muffins as much as we did. I wanted to combine zucchini, which is the best summer food ever with apple, the best fruit of all time!
When there is apple in a dessert, I just can’t think of it without cinnamon. I think they make the perfect couple of fall. The tempting aroma and scent of cinnamon wonderfully complement the sweet-tangy flavor of apple. One of my favorite dessert with this couple is Cinnamon Apple Crumb Bars, which is one of the easiest bars ever!
I used granny smith for these Zucchini Cinnamon Apple Muffins, but you can use whatever you have in your area.
These cinnamon apple muffins are so moist inside due to zucchini and pureed apple inside. There is no need to use oil in this recipe at all due to the moistness, but I used just one tablespoon. They make perfect sweet snack and quick breakfast! You can even take them to work to enjoy with your coffee or tea during a break. I’m sure you will be more motivated for your work then.
I used cinnamon both in the batter and as a topping. I just mix a little coarse sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle it on muffins. The scent of topping as the muffins are baking will fill in the whole house and everyone will be hooked!
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Zucchini Cinnamon Apple Muffins
These muffins are so moist due to zucchini, apple puree and yogurt. Cinnamon sugar topping makes a great twist on these!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 18
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grated apple
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini, slightly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prehet oven to 370F (190C).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg. Add in yogurt, pureed apple and oil.
- Slowly pour the dry mixture into the wet one and stir with a spatula until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in the grated apple and zucchini and gently stir until these are coated with the batter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl for topping.
- Share the batter into muffin liners filling each about 3/4 the way full.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on each and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.