Winter Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup is full of flavors, super hearty, healthy and easy to make. It is packed with chicken, winter vegetables and noodles. Perfect recipe to get back to a healthy diet after all the heavy holiday food.
The only thing I crave for is a comforting soup when it’s freezing cold outside. I don’t need anything else for dinner if we have a delicious and satisfying soup like this Winter Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup. Packed with wonderful vegetables, this soup is one of the best immune booster recipes.
I’m not a winter person as I don’t like getting cold or the thick clothes we have to wear to protect our body from cold. I think I might like winter just because of the soups we have throughout the season. The feeling of getting warm with a hearty soup is great.
My family’s all time favorite soup is Tomato Chicken Orzo Soup and I make it quite often in winter. It is the easiest soup ever if you have leftover chicken and chicken stock. When I want to make a soup that is a meal on its own, I add some vegetables and noodle in it. And this means more flavor.
I feel like winter vegetables don’t get the value they deserve, people around me mostly find them boring. I don’t really get this. I LOVE these colorful vegetables and the unique flavor each one has.
I use carrots, leeks, celery, garlic and ginger in this Winter Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup and serve it with slices of radish and turnips. Super flavorful, super yummy! Adding noodles make the soup thicker, so be careful about the amount of it.
My number one important note about a good chicken soup is to make your own chicken stock. It might take more time, but it is definitely worth. Use store-bought chicken stock only when you are very busy and have to make the soup quicker way.
I mostly use a whole chicken or chicken drumsticks with the bones and skin on. And I love the flavors of parsley and garlic in it. If there are little ones in your family who don’t want to see parsley floating on their soup, here is the tip: Get a small bunch of parsley, tie a knot around it and throw it into the pot. It will give all its amazing flavor into the soup. You can remove it from the post when the soup is ready.
We love to have this soup with sliced turnips on the side. A perfect winter meal.
This is a soup that doctors recommend to help anyone recover from a cold. Don’t wait until you get a cold, make this soup today and on the first days of the new year and don’t get sick throughout the year.
Chicken soup that is full of flavors, super hearty, healthy and easy to make. It is packed with chicken, winter vegetables and noodles. Perfect recipe to get back to a healthy diet after all the heavy holiday food.
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 and ½ cups chopped leeks
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 chicken drumsticks or a whole chicken
- 8 cups water
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lemon
- a small bunch of parsley
- 1 cup pasta spirals
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- radishes to garnish
- Heat a large pot and melt butter in it. Stir in the carrots, celery and leeks, cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, water, garlic, ginger and squeeze a lemon in it. Throw the lemon halves into the pot after squeezed and remove it when the soup is cooked.
- Tie a bunch of parsley and throw it into the pot.If you want, you can remove this after the soup is cooked.
- Cook until the chicken is tender and splitting from bones. Remove the chicken and shred.
- Meanwhile add in the pasta spirals when the broth is still simmering and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add in shredded chicken, salt and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes and serve hot with radish slices on the top.