Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is not a dream. You can make it at home and cool down your family and guests with it. This is probably the best ice cream I’ve ever made because I like cheesecake. Cheesecake ice cream is something crazy, I know. But it is surprisingly possible. I know it too.Summer is around the corner and you will need some cooling recipes. If you want to feel in heaven this summer, just try this amazing ice cream and thank me later.
Strawberry Ice Cream was the first ice cream I tried when we bought our ice cream machine. It is a super easy eggless ice cream recipe. I’ve tried several other ice creams since then and this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream goes up to the top of the list. Well maybe with our Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream, which is far better than store bought versions. Do you like chocolate ice cream? You should check out that recipe! I used my ice cream machine for it too, but don’t worry if you don’t have a machine. I included the no-churn method in the recipe. I’m in love with making ice cream and nobody can be happier than I am as summer is very close and I will be making various ice creams this summer. Well, probably even before summer.
Strawberry is abundant now and it’s the perfect time to make Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. I just couldn’t take my eyes from the Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream on Baked by Rachel when I saw it on pinterest. There were some other ice cream recipes with fresh strawberries, but I liked the idea of roasting them because I knew the flavor would stand out more. I must tell you that a fascinating smell fills the home when strawberries are in oven. Your neighbors will probably knock your door to see what you are making. I made this ice cream after midnight, Noone came but I’m sure everyone on our floor saw something with strawberry in their dreams that night.
You might want to make things quicker and skip roasting the strawberries. Well, I really don’t recommend it, the flavor differs a lot. If you want a dense flavor of strawberry in your ice cream, roast them. It’s not very long indeed; just 15 minutes. And a bit more for letting the strawberries cool down.
This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is egg free, which is another reason I wanted to try it. This makes things easier.
You need to try this recipe if you like strawberry, ice cream and cheesecake. Imagine all three in one. This will become your favorite summer time treat!
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can use the method in our Elastic Turkish Ice Cream. Just in the last step, transfer it into another container layering it randomly with graham crackers and roasted strawberries. Then swirl just 2 or 3 times and freeze at least for 5 hours.
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream can definitely be made at home. Strawberries are roasted for a stronger flavor.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided (add 1/4 cup if you like it very sweet)
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Mix milk, heavy cream, cream cheese, salt, vanilla and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place strawberries on the parchment paper and sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over them. Roast for 15 minutes. Transfer to another pan, mash them roughly, leaving big chunks and let it cool completely.
- Churn the chilled liquid according to manufacturer’s instructions. In the last 5 minutes, drop strawberries and liquid into the base a small spoonful at a time.
- Pour a little of the mixture into a container, then a little graham cracker crumbs. Repeat this until you finish the mixture and crumbs. Freeze at least 5 hours.